PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2009, 06:01 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Major SMS problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelator03 View Post
thanks for your positive attitude first off i did the update profile and the phone wouldnt update the tech said he couldnt even see it on the network if you had read my post i called myself bout 20 times with NO!!!!!!!!! calls ringing through my phone might literally have had a problem and it was not working correctly thanks for tell me it a placebo effect and being so sure you know what your talking about apprecaite ya

I'm assuming this is sarcasm, i'm sorry i'm not going to sugar coat it and make it look pretty for you when you're starting a thread about sms and its a known issue with multiple other threads saying the same thing. Then its 3 pages long with everyone saying the exact samething thats in the other thread about it being a known issue. then you're telling us they're changing you're phone out and you keep calling them, its not going to fix the problem. And I do believe my attitude was positive when I was telling you one way to trouble shoot your phone not being programmed but i guess you'll get it figured out with a couple more calls to tech support, then you'll never get another late text message
Old 02-13-2009, 10:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

tom6433 is keeping up the good worktom6433 is keeping up the good work

someone really likes to flex his/her e-muscles...not sugar coating something is not the same as being a jerk. i give props to the OP, at least he is not rolling over and accepting the issue. i had similar issues and mine got worked out after some setting changes and a call to sprint. there are such things as lemon devices and the OP might have had one.

to the OP, good luck. you will get it figured out.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom6433 View Post
someone really likes to flex his/her e-muscles...not sugar coating something is not the same as being a jerk. i give props to the OP, at least he is not rolling over and accepting the issue. i had similar issues and mine got worked out after some setting changes and a call to sprint. there are such things as lemon devices and the OP might have had one.

to the OP, good luck. you will get it figured out.

Except that it's not a phone issue or a lemon phone. It might have conked out after the constant troubleshooting which is the reason it was swapped out in the first place, not because of the delayed texts. Learn to read...here is a snippet from him in case you forgot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelator03 View Post
Update: had to go get a bran new TP no clue why that one died but after they reset everything the phone wouldnt auto program itself

My GF has been having this problem since Nov. She has swapped the same phone for the same phone 3 times now. We are finally going to try a completely different phone brand/type(current is Samsung Rant, new is Palm Centro). I don't expect it to resolve anything but hey, Sprint is giving them to both my GF and Daughter and they can keep thier old phones so it's worth a shot.

Old 02-14-2009, 05:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

tom6433 is keeping up the good worktom6433 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceracer24 View Post
Except that it's not a phone issue or a lemon phone. It might have conked out after the constant troubleshooting which is the reason it was swapped out in the first place, not because of the delayed texts. Learn to read...here is a snippet from him in case you forgot.

My GF has been having this problem since Nov. She has swapped the same phone for the same phone 3 times now. We are finally going to try a completely different phone brand/type(current is Samsung Rant, new is Palm Centro). I don't expect it to resolve anything but hey, Sprint is giving them to both my GF and Daughter and they can keep thier old phones so it's worth a shot.
don't talk down to me like i am a dumbass. all i am saying is let the guy try to figure out what is going on with his phone/account and quit coming down on him for trying. incase you missed it i said in my post i was having the issue and sprint resolved it. if ppl just accept this from sprint as "just the way it is" it will never get any better.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If you have the roaming settings to Automatic it will do this sometimes. You might want to check it and make sure is set to Sprint only if you never really roam then it would be no problem

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!
Old 02-14-2009, 03:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Skelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

yeah i tried the roaming thing to be honest i had a custom rom and no clue if when i did the factory reset not hard reset factory reset it wouldnt even recognize sprint at all no clue y but after all that my new phone HAS NO PROBLEMS WITH CALLS OR TEXT!!!!!!! leading me to believe it WAS THE PHONE! not anything else no clue y it would randomly mess up but i have seen way worse i just dont understand why that other guy up there just cuz in his case it wasnt the phone doesnt mean that is always the case....Im not gonna flame the guy cuz this is the internet and i really dont care but instead of getting angry and telling everyone "how it is" you might try helping the situation and help the next person with trouble shooting not just acting like you know everything that is going on
Old 04-07-2009, 01:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

inflewence is just getting started

I never had a late text or missed phone call when in service with sprint until I flashed my rom 3 days ago, I know that's what did it but not sure if there is a fix. Now I get text 3 hours late and phone calls don't go through hardly.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro