PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TPro2
Carrier: Sprint

Briz600 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Major SMS problem

You know this problem has gotten worse with in the last half year. Its very aggravating . Doesn't matter what phone, prl, radio or firmware you have. No phone call to sprint has ever fixed this . I have learned to just accept it .
Old 02-11-2009, 04:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I don't think that's the case for everyone. I can only think of once or twice it's happened in the last year or so.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Skelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

thats ridiculous i know people with verizon and other services like alltell that never have this problem at all i mean im not getting calls now either and i know its not my phone this is getting ridiculous
Old 02-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

tom6433 is keeping up the good worktom6433 is keeping up the good work

how many bars to you usually see? if only 1-2 maybe even 3 try switching the roam option to sprint only. see if that helps. also there is a setting you can change, the step by step is in the touch pro exxentials sticky, to move your phone up on the tower's priority list. i think it is like aacol or something like that. also try changing the slot cycle index to poll the tower more often (also in the essentials thread). those are the steps i went through to help reduce the issues you are having. i rarely see late messages now but oddly enough i had a few come in late today. msgs said 9:15 and got them at 10:30.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Skelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

and im even now getting late notification of my VM too.....sprint tech just called barely spoke english told me to delete all text messages adjust to roaming only make a call then reset phone set to sprint only and use *3

personally i think this wont make a bit of difference
Old 02-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

i am having late text and now i just called my phone 5 time with full bars no call came through then i tried to do it on roaming no call came through
Old 02-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Matt is keeping up the good workMatt is keeping up the good work

This is a network hangup and likely nothing wrong with your phone.

Voice calls always take priority over SMS, so if your on a tower area that is busy, it is possible they are getting delays due to an overload on the towers with voice calls. It is also possible that something in the routing of your message is being held up.

It is well known that setting your phone to Sprint Only (as a tech mentioned to your on the phone) will sometimes help with this. The reasoning is a lot of times with it set to Automatic, your phone might be switching between towers too often and a message may not come through until you are toggled back to a Sprint tower.

That being said, coverage or overload isn't always the issue. Sometimes if it is happening a ton and in multiple different areas, it could be a routing issue on Sprint's end. Likely, they will make a network ticket to attempt to resolve this. These typically take a few days to hear back from. If you are experiencing this everywhere and it is happening almost all the time, perhaps it would be wise to call Technical Support (do not talk to ordinary care) and tell them a store tech told them you needed to open up a ticket. They will likely still go through some various troubleshooting, but eventually will make said ticket. Then you wait a few days and will get a confirmation call or email letting you know the issue is hopefully resolved.

Finally, it sometimes can be a defective phone. An corp sprint Service & Repair store can test your device to make sure it is sending/receiving signal correctly. It is a very simple test done in an isolation box that only takes a few minutes.

Hopefully this information is helpful to you (or anyone)
Old 02-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

they already opened a ticket but i cant get any calls at this point i think like 1 out of 20 will ring through no matter roaming settings or not
Old 02-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch

bestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Get Verizon Wireless
Old 02-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Matt is keeping up the good workMatt is keeping up the good work

I actually had more trouble with this issue when I had Verizon than any other carrier I've had (Cingular/ATT, Sprint, and Verizon. Never had T-Mobile)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro