PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Diffrent way to dye your Sprint Pro Batt Cover! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57199)

grandmasterlarry 02-10-2009 10:50 PM

Re: Diffrent way to dye your Sprint Pro Batt Cover!

Quote:

Originally Posted by u8myfoood (Post 705136)
Sharpies also tend to be more expensive, if you want a color other than black, since you would need to buy the color set. Also, it typically gives an uneven coating, so some spots would probably be darker than others without putting on SEVERAL coats, but whatever works for you.

Alright lission... it does leave streeks but you wipe them away... look at the picture NO STREEKS! only TWO coats... and most people alredy have a permanent marker laying around...

coolwhip1220 02-10-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandmasterlarry (Post 705137)
NO! you rinse it after it dry’s and you wipe off the top until the glossy finish goes away and it leaves the cover dyed...

Yeah, definitely much harder. Plus, with a box of dye, I can use it about 6 different times, and do an unlimited amount of covers, since I've done a dozen with just one batch.

Genjinaro 02-10-2009 11:05 PM

I had a dye project fail, following directions even.
I may try this, I have a box of sharpies and an extra batt cover.

Still, I hate the smell.

gameover 03-10-2009 05:05 PM

i decieded to try this method i got a box of black dye in case it messed up and used a sharpie black and after the marker dried,rinsed,then the towel method and it wiped the marker off looks the same as when i 1st started (sprint red)lolz.So dont use the sharpie markers cause it wipes right off.

Darkjedi 03-10-2009 06:24 PM

I used sharpies to color in stuff that's black but have paint chipped off or whatever. It works well from a distance, but up close I've always noticed that sharpies have a distinct purple hue to them, especially in very bright environments. They also don't stick on metal very well, hahah. Sharpies are awesome for coloring things black nonetheless.

miguelfp1 03-10-2009 06:51 PM

well, it DOES look good, so keep us updated, if it fades or anything :p

ian3047 03-10-2009 07:11 PM

omg. Next someone will post they used colored pencils, or the blue water in their toilet. Box of dye is more sensible for this.

Dr.8820 03-10-2009 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ian3047 (Post 763862)
omg. Next someone will post they used colored pencils, or the blue water in their toilet. Box of dye is more sensible for this.

lol!! but true. the rit method works better! thanx xweaponx!