PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   htc pro ring tones (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57186)

mikelong1976 02-10-2009 08:55 PM

htc pro ring tones

so i got a htc pro for sprint the other day and wanting to know how i set up a different ring tone for those in my contacts?

i want 1 ring tone for unknown callers and 1 ring tone for people in my contacts.

Hafrust 02-10-2009 09:11 PM

Re: htc pro ring tones

Try this.

mikelong1976 02-10-2009 09:39 PM

where do i go to get to: w06 registry, at HKCU/ControlPanel/Sounds/RingTone0/

sorry, i'm a newbie to this whole microsoft os

gator352 02-10-2009 09:44 PM

ok, I'm failing to see why go through that process of registry edits when there's no need. Just goto settings tab, select sound and scroll to ringtone and set a ringer. That will be your ringer for unknown callers. For contact ringers, goto people tab, bottom left select (all people). Find a contact and select. Bottom right select menu then edit. Scroll down to ring and select a ringer. Do that for all contacts.

robbie2883 02-10-2009 10:03 PM

cause that won't take forever?!

cannibalslug 02-10-2009 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikelong1976 (Post 704961)

sorry, i'm a newbie to this whole microsoft os

Do you have some sort of Reg Editor installed on your phone?

Hafrust 02-10-2009 10:08 PM

Quote:

You will need to install a registry editing program. I recommend PHM b/c it is free.

Quote:

ok, I'm failing to see why go through that process of registry edits when there's no need. Just goto settings tab, select sound and scroll to ringtone and set a ringer. That will be your ringer for unknown callers. For contact ringers, goto people tab, bottom left select (all people). Find a contact and select. Bottom right select menu then edit. Scroll down to ring and select a ringer. Do that for all contacts.
You can do it that way, but it would take forever if you had many contacts. I haven't bothered with it b/c I very rarely get unknown calls. I was just posting info I quickly googled for the OP.

cannibalslug 02-10-2009 10:11 PM

[quote=Hafrust;705024]You will need to install a registry editing program. I recommend PHM b/c it is free.

:laughing3: And because it's all sorts of simple to use...

EDIT**

Of course i go and screw up the quote

gator352 02-11-2009 07:07 AM

ok, maybe I misunderstood.....he said 1 ringer for unknown and 1 ringer for contacts. LOL, 1 is the key word. But, I think he's talking about having the unknown call ringer being different than the contacts (not knowing hot to set individual ringers for contacts, he said he was a noob).