PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 04:40 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lexar 8GB microSDHC?

Okay... I can't find this thing ANYWHERE on the internet... Yet I bought it at Circuit City for 39.99 the other day.

The question I have... the circle on the back of the package with a number in it... 2, 4, 6... that's the class, correct?

If so, I'm wondering why the hell my class 4 card is performing slower than the cheapo class 2 512MB card the phone comes with???

SPB Backup has been running literally for 20 minutes now... and it says "storing _____" on EVERY file...

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 02-10-2009, 06:38 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Lexar 8GB microSDHC?

Your Sprint touch pro shoulda came with a 1GB card, not 512. Correct, The circle with the number in it is the class.....anyways....did you format that lexar with fat 32 in windows? If not, format it and you should be good to go. I have 2 Transcend 8GB (class 6) cards I got from newegg, 13.99 each, and both are blazing fast.

Last edited by gator352; 02-10-2009 at 06:43 AM.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:36 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Threadstarter

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

I figured out what it was.

And yes, it did come with a 1GB. I'm used to getting Moguls with 512 forgive me lol.

Anyway, the card is blazing fast. I did a 100MB file transfer via WMDC to the card and it only took about 25-30 seconds... SPB Backup for some reason does not like the ROM I'm using...
Old 02-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint PCS

04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Blazing fast I think is reserved for class 6 cards, LOL
Anyway, for $40 you could have bought 2 and a half class 6 8 gig cards from newegg, Just FYI

Old 02-10-2009, 09:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
Transcend 8GB (class 6) cards I got from newegg,
I same one as well, works great. I caught it when it was $13.49, but its price fluctuates a couple dollars every week. Although it's $16.49 now, it does come with free shipping.
Here is the link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-453-_-Product

PPCGeeks New User Guide

Old 02-11-2009, 12:54 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04orgzx6r View Post
Blazing fast I think is reserved for class 6 cards, LOL
Anyway, for $40 you could have bought 2 and a half class 6 8 gig cards from newegg, Just FYI
I've had bad luck with cheap cards so I only ever use Lexar or SanDisk media now...
Old 02-11-2009, 06:52 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
I've had bad luck with cheap cards so I only ever use Lexar or SanDisk media now...
Transcend is name brand. They also make new SSD's for laptops and etc. Newegg gets them in huge bulk and are able to sell them at a much cheaper price. Ironically, I have 2 sandisks, 1 GB and a 4 GB. The 4 GB took a dump on me 2 weeks after I bought it. But I still like sandisk.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro