PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Almost Here)
Carrier: Sprint

reyrey127 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Like to see who Bought BESTBUY phones with Late Builds??

I bought my phone from bestbuy for 299 about 1.5 weeks ago (Jan 30th to be exact). It seems like all the phones are early build models. It took me 1.5 weeks and 2 exchanges to get a Dec 19 build phone. Sort of sad. I am in southern california. Anyone from california with a january build phone and where did you get it from?? Thanks. I will drive if i have to to get a later build phone, due to the issues i have gone through with the first two phones.

1. crooked keyboard with similar gap as the one i have now 1.0-1.5mm gap at the long edges (0.5-0.75 at the sort edges), heat issue around the battery cover (creaking), sound seemed low at times, and .?? firmware (didn't know how to check it until recently).(Late Nov Build due to the MEID DECIMAL (849XXXX) number comparison).

2. keyboard has lil gap about 0.5 all around and was nice, people complained i have a crackling noise and echo when i spoke (speaker was low as well, poor audio earpiece (could not hear well), kept getting an error message when i started the phone about express activation, TF3d was slow as a snail, battery cover creaks, and .3 firmware. (Nov 16 build (846XXXX)).

3. (CURRENT) keyboard has gap as mentioned earlier which is about 1.0-1.5mm gap at the long edges (0.5-0.75 at the sort edges), heat issue only at the camera strip portion, screen hits keyboard when i push the buttons on the pad, but everything else seems fine (battery creak is there), and .4 firmware. (Dec 19 build (852XXXX)).

Can anyone help me with my search. I have called plenty of stores in the california area, well at least those that picked up. From Dublin to Chino Hills store. So north to south.

I am trying to do my due diligience to find a phone that is "perfect". HTC said the gap is normal but who knows. They also told me not to flash my ROM after telling them that I read something about a mighty mouse... (She laughed)...

anyways.. any help.. thanks.

PS all my exchanges were from BEST BUY!!...
Old 02-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: Like to see who Bought BESTBUY phones with Late Builds??

do you have tep? if so, call *2 and tell sprint about it. their new motto is keepng the customer happy so take a chance.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
do you have tep? if so, call *2 and tell sprint about it. their new motto is keepng the customer happy so take a chance.
i dont but i can get it since i believe i have 30 days. i called already when i was on my second one but they told me they couldn't help me since the phone was from BB and i had to go exchange it. I even emailed ecare and no help. They refused to send me one even though i emailed them my situation and i called to complain. I even told them i would pay for the damn shipping but no go.

do you have a BB phone?
Old 02-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Hidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

my phone seems to be perfect. way to go EBay...
Old 02-09-2009, 05:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidavi View Post
my phone seems to be perfect. way to go EBay...

what is ur build date on that phone??
Old 02-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Hidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

1/7/2009
Old 02-09-2009, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidavi View Post
1/7/2009
lucky you.. man i had to go through loops just to get a BB dec build.. hahah..

seriously.. i will TREAT anyone to a MEAL at IN & OUT..no joke, if you can find me a BESTBUY with a a january build phone in california. So Cal preferably.

I will go as far as drive to San Diego to pick it up. I know for a fact Dublin and Pinole do not have january builds. I called and compared the MEID numbers. Called them twice to make sure, and spoke with a different person each time.

The trouble i go through for a phone i think i have madly fallen in love with, minus the problems...

Last edited by reyrey127; 02-09-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

do you have a BB phone?[/quote]
no, mine is from sprint but try calling them again. i had a problem last week and talked to 3 different people but the 3rd was willing to go above and beyond to make me happy.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
do you have a BB phone?
no, mine is from sprint but try calling them again. i had a problem last week and talked to 3 different people but the 3rd was willing to go above and beyond to make me happy.[/quote]

it seems that they would only make me happy if i bought it from sprint store and not from BB.... but thanks i can try again.

Anyone up for my offer???
Old 02-09-2009, 08:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Bestbuy Build Date 12/21/2008

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro