PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 09:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch-HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

patrickgies is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to patrickgies Send a message via MSN to patrickgies Send a message via Yahoo to patrickgies
GPS and BATTERY LIFE

Hello all,

I have done some searching and havn't really came up with my answer. I am hopefully upgrading from a titan to a touch pro this week, (alltel is dragging their feet) and I was wondering a few things.

First thing, is the battery life better on the TP then on the Titan. I understand that through different uses and what not, the battery life is going to be different. But if I would use the phone mainly for email pushing along with the random internet surfing how will the battery last.

The last thing, how is GPS on this TP. I have the titan and GPS sometimes works quickly (by working i mean acquiring a signal in a few minutes versus 10 minutes) Now how is the TP on this one, I am currently using google maps and the HTC GPS Tool and it seems to work great. Will the TP be able to connect quicker, is there any tricks i might have to do to get this to work better.

Thank you all for the help and input on this topic
Patrick
Old 02-10-2009, 09:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

meechieervin is keeping up the good workmeechieervin is keeping up the good work
Re: GPS and BATTERY LIFE

i think the battery on the mogul was better when i first got my tp the battery only last maybe 5-6 hours but since i have been charging it i get a whole day out of it and about the gps on the mogul it would take about 10-20 seconds on the tp it takes maybe 20-40 seconds
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

patrickgies is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to patrickgies Send a message via MSN to patrickgies Send a message via Yahoo to patrickgies

Meechieervin,

is that a constant though, on the TP because sometimes like i said earlier the mogul wouldn't connect at all and sometimes it would connect in a few seconds...well ok more like 30 seconds.

thanks
Old 02-10-2009, 09:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

patrickgies is a n00b

ohh and another thing, i still have all the stuff that came with the mogul, IE: desk dock and extra battery. While now i assume that the extra battery won't work in the Tp but will the dock work with the TP. Also, what all comes with the TP when you first get it out of the box. Sorry to ask such random and useless questions, just excited for my new phone is all and want to know as much as possible.

Thanks again
Old 02-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Since I have Sprint which enables AGPS, my GPS locks are under 10 seconds for both the TP and Mogul. I definetely have poorer battery life with the TP and I can probably only attribute that to the more powerful CPU and the smaller battery.

You can try looking for the QuickGPS tool. I'm not sure if it works on the Alltel network. People have had luck with it on the Verizon network though, so hopefully that means networks don't matter. You do need data however to be able to download the GPS data.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...79&postcount=2
Old 02-10-2009, 03:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

lexluthor is keeping up the good worklexluthor is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
You can try looking for the QuickGPS tool. I'm not sure if it works on the Alltel network. People have had luck with it on the Verizon network though, so hopefully that means networks don't matter. You do need data however to be able to download the GPS data.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...79&postcount=2
Yes, I'm on Verizon and QuickGPS is amazing. Before I was looking at a couple of minutes to sync, especially if I hadn't used the GPS in a bit. With QuickGPS, my GPS syncs are always under 15 seconds now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro