PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   touch pro keyboard backlight (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57040)

meechieervin 02-09-2009 09:46 PM

touch pro keyboard backlight

i need someones help when i use the keyboard the light only stays on for about 5 seconds i change the backlight settings and it still goes off after 5 seconds is there a setting that i miss thanks

RockSta® 02-09-2009 09:55 PM

Re: touch pro keyboard backlight

yea we all hate that, i dont think there is a way to change it (yet), so you/we have to live with it, it is truly annoying though.

bhopki001 02-09-2009 10:05 PM

OMG. I was just about to post this annoying problem!!! Truly it needs to be fixed...

cannibalslug 02-09-2009 10:06 PM

I didn't even know that was an issue, i'll tinker with the pro in the store and see if i can figure anything out

jsntrenkler 02-09-2009 11:04 PM

I really wish there was a setting for this as well. It can be annoying.

off1c3r 02-09-2009 11:14 PM

All i can do is.. hit spacebar or something then it will light up .. then type lol

ou2mame 02-09-2009 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cannibalslug (Post 702173)
I didn't even know that was an issue, i'll tinker with the pro in the store and see if i can figure anything out

while you're there, can you get us a fix for the gps lag, and craptacular camera? awesome thanks :)

cannibalslug 02-09-2009 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ou2mame (Post 702355)
while you're there, can you get us a fix for the gps lag, and craptacular camera? awesome thanks :)

With my lack of genius that's more than impossible...

kennyidaho 02-09-2009 11:32 PM

I just wish you could actually feel the nubs on the f and j keys. Then you could at least position your fingers correctly.

lowridin88 02-10-2009 12:35 PM

from what i have read in other forums, the keyboard backlight is "hardware" controlled within the keyboard, and is not able to be changed or edited

dschoenike 02-10-2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowridin88 (Post 703609)
from what i have read in other forums, the keyboard backlight is "hardware" controlled within the keyboard, and is not able to be changed or edited

If its true, that really sucks the big suck :(

Ender519 02-10-2009 03:11 PM

I've tried all kinds of registry hacks that deal with keyboard backlighting, and this really is the case.. it just doesn't have any affect. Several people have asked this question and several people have tried to resolve it but I have not found anything which has worked yet. So it's just the way it is. After awhile I got used to using the "Phone Keypad" for T9 input and only use the keyboard if it's a long message anymore, so it's not too big of a deal to me.

Darkjedi 02-10-2009 03:32 PM

My question is why couldn't HTC set the keyboard to autolight up in darkness. The Mogul had a light detect on the keyboard, but the Touch Pro also has a light detect on the face. Not sure why they decided to not implement the same function on the newer phone.

shaggylive 02-10-2009 05:54 PM

yup the keyboard guys left it out cuz it wasn't thier domain, and the other guys didn't think about the keyboard backlight, (too busy counting diamonds.. ;) )

abrasive 02-10-2009 08:13 PM

earlier in the game someone mentioned just pressing the ctrl button because its easy to find, and it doesnt do anything if you arent pressing it with a key combo.

lights right back up.
its worked wonders for me. haha.

teddat 02-10-2009 08:37 PM

here's an idea. not sure if its good. a small background task that pushes the "cntl" button every 9 secs while either in landscape mode or detected keyboard open.

might work?!

OR78 02-10-2009 10:10 PM

You all need to do a search for threads like this. The main thread that discusses this issues already covered everything in this one. Bottom line is it cannot be fixed at this time.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44773