PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   I Hate Hate Hate Tf3d (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57031)

delawaresace 02-09-2009 08:55 PM

I Hate Hate Hate Tf3d

I came from a titan runing DCD and i guess i'm spoiled because i'm used to things responding right away when i hit it on the screen. now, i think i've given tf3d a fighting chance. i've tried it stock (without & then with the touch pro clean up cab), juicy 4.7 and now mightymike 4.9?? (i think. what ever the most recent one is). the X button never seems to work well, everything is always a step behind, and i always seem to be opening things i dont want because i keep hitting 2 or 3 times and then the phone catches up it sends me through 2 or 3 menus i didn't mean to go into. i've run the tweeks found in touch pro essentials and didn't see much difference. i'm about to download GC's kitchen and just say screw it to tf3d. it's a shhame because in some ways i really like it. it's just to slow.

before i give up on it totally, anyone have any suggestions that might bring me around again? anyone have a rom especially built for tf3d speed? am i missing a important tweek that fixes everything? one last chance. HELP!

jmorton10 02-09-2009 08:57 PM

Re: I Hate Hate Hate Tf3d

Sounds like you need to disable it.

~John

bruceo 02-09-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delawaresace (Post 701979)
I came from a titan runing DCD and i guess i'm spoiled because i'm used to things responding right away when i hit it on the screen. now, i think i've given tf3d a fighting chance. i've tried it stock (without & then with the touch pro clean up cab), juicy 4.7 and now mightymike 4.9?? (i think. what ever the most recent one is). the X button never seems to work well, everything is always a step behind, and i always seem to be opening things i dont want because i keep hitting 2 or 3 times and then the phone catches up it sends me through 2 or 3 menus i didn't mean to go into. i've run the tweeks found in touch pro essentials and didn't see much difference. i'm about to download GC's kitchen and just say screw it to tf3d. it's a shhame because in some ways i really like it. it's just to slow.

before i give up on it totally, anyone have any suggestions that might bring me around again? anyone have a rom especially built for tf3d speed? am i missing a important tweek that fixes everything? one last chance. HELP!

Somthing must be wrong with your phone hardware. Have you tried running without your memory card inserted. I had a friend with some probs with bad sectors on a memory card and that caused his phone to be laggy. Apparently he did a scan and repair and deleted the livesearch cache which is where a lot of the bad files were. That fixed it but this has happened twice over the past 3 months.

schettj 02-09-2009 09:35 PM

I have to say that is pretty weird. MMikes rom has the cfc - compressed HD version, which along with maxed out buffers per the essentials thread should be faster then my version running on top of the stock rom - and mine keeps up with me just fine.

How much free mem do you have? You don't need a boatload, so adding common apps to the exclude list in HTC Task Manager will keep em in memory and really speed up switching. I have opera and email always loaded since I'm most often flipping between them, and (along with insane buffer settings) I still have 80MB+ ram free. More then enough ;)

Or as suggested above, just disable it and run whatever you were running on your mogul. I hear that's nice too ;)

delawaresace 02-09-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruceo (Post 701997)
Somthing must be wrong with your phone hardware. Have you tried running without your memory card inserted. I had a friend with some probs with bad sectors on a memory card and that caused his phone to be laggy. Apparently he did a scan and repair and deleted the livesearch cache which is where a lot of the bad files were. That fixed it but this has happened twice over the past 3 months.

i'll give this a try. i hope that thats the problem.

delawaresace 02-10-2009 11:26 AM

i just found THIS THREAD and was wondering how can one tell if the rom they are running is using these drivers. right now i'm on MightyMikes latest.

fat boy 02-10-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delawaresace (Post 701979)

Try HD on your stock rom.....it is fast. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...517#post634517

delawaresace 02-10-2009 02:36 PM

downloading now. i'll give it a try. thanks

shaggylive 02-10-2009 03:06 PM

I still wish there was a good way to completely remove it from the rom though. I'm hooked on nue217 with the extra button mapping, but tf3d is like a virus that sinks its talons into every nook and cranny of the o/s. (dialer/vol/txt/ect..)
No Sir, I don't like it...

caddieguy02 02-10-2009 03:10 PM

i HATE TF3d also...it is terrible...i suggest pocket plus 4...thats what i use...pm me and i can hook u up with the goodies