PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

Machinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I Hate Hate Hate Tf3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
I still wish there was a good way to completely remove it from the rom though. I'm hooked on nue217 with the extra button mapping, but tf3d is like a virus that sinks its talons into every nook and cranny of the o/s. (dialer/vol/txt/ect..)
No Sir, I don't like it...
Install a rom without TF3D. Or build your own with a kitchen.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:39 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I'm soo tired of that answer. like I said i'm stuck on a rom that has unique features, that to my knowledge has yet to be available in any kitchen.
there are countless versions and tweaks of this app, but no one has ever posted a comprehensive way to disable everything tf3d. I fear I may have to do this myself, but I know very little about it.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro & Touch
Threadstarter

delawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

well, i tried GC kitchen without the tf3d but it just doesn't feel right. i might as well have kept my titan. i'm trying MightyMike's new rom 4.9.5 and i'll try to install HD over it. i also found a thread talking about omni drivers that i would love to try, but you have to cook them in and i can't find an oem of them.

would changing the pagepool help? how would i go about doing that?

also i'll try pocket plus 4 and see how that is
Old 02-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

stifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to stifiling

i removed it using erice's clean rom. it's one of those kirvin for the apache clean, or no2chem/dcd for the mogul clean type roms. where it's pretty much....nothing. Jus plain ole, default, regular windows mobile. and i love it like that. with over 100 cabs i have everything i need to dirty them up myself. a lot of people include oxios hibernate and pim backup in their 'clean' roms. i hate those. because to free ram i use quickmenu, and for backup i use sprite. i don't like having more then one program that does the same thing.

i do have three browsers though. but they have their three specialties in which one does somethings better then the others. so i pick between them based on what it is i'm trying to accomplish.

i also don't like tf3d. it's definitely beautiful. but so is the G1 and the Iphone. but it's also, ultimately 'wack' like them too.

I won't flat out call those phones wack though. jus doesn't compare to windows mobile. The Touch Pro for Sprint is the most superior phone u can buy in the US at this moment.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: evo 4g
Carrier: boost

Isriam is keeping up the good workIsriam is keeping up the good work

i run 48mb pagepool and it eliminated almost all tf3d lag i was getting except for the music tab.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Well i have to agree with the OP. Another option is to use UltimateLaunch. If u take the time u can configure it to look almost exactly like TF3D except u wont have the slider across the tabs. It wont slow down the system and you will have the flexibility of using your own plugins on the tab. This means more functionality and quicker and more precise access to ur programs. What do u have to lose? Try it and if that doesnt work just disable the darn TF3D.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

chas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm using Mighty Mikes latest with a 24meg pagepool and it's pdq. I don't use the music tab though. Spb mobile shell is another option. There are themes over on xda that look exactly like tf3d and real easy to install. The favorite contact page is a lot more finger friendly too. I have a theme and everything you need if you want it. PM me
Old 02-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I just wish there were a smooth alternative to build your own today on a VGA screen.
Ultimate Launch had a significant lag transitioning between screens. On QVGA it was great, but whatever video method it uses, its clearly NOT the 3D/2D acceleration that TF3d uses.

After using Manilla for a bit, I found it just as maddening as you guys do, however I have to admit that I can't bring myself to going with something that performs poorly afterwards.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

gostars9 is keeping up the good workgostars9 is keeping up the good work

Mobile Shell 3.0 is going to be announced next week. Maybe it will be a great alternative to TF3D.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Install a rom without TF3D. Or build your own with a kitchen.
I'm fairly certain that as soon as you disable it from the today screen, it will no longer have an effect on the system.

The Home button tied to manilla, quirky Qmenu task switching, HTC Audio taking over the A2DP player... all that stuff about TF3D that drives me CRAZY stops when I disable it and reboot. Physical removal should not be necessary.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro