PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 08:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

reed930 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bluetooth Icon Disappeared in Taskbar

I just set up my TP for tethering by making the two registry changes covered in other posts. Now when I turn on bluetooth, I don't see the bluetooth icon in the taskbar area. The bluetooth works fine but I'm a little concerned that without the icon I'll forget to turn it off when done.

Thanks for the help.

Chris

By the way, this is a great site. The knowledge base is just amazing.

Last edited by reed930; 02-09-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Bluetooth Icon Disappeared in Taskbar

not sure if this is related to the tethering reg edits... what else have you installed lately?

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 02-09-2009, 08:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

If I can remember reading some thread that changing the dialer skin to the old windows default will also cause the BT icon to disappear.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 02-09-2009 at 08:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

reed930 is a n00b

I also installed the trial version of WMWiFiRouter but have only used it once to see how it works. Another thing I noticed is that I sometimes see the battery charging icon when the phone is not plugged in.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:37 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
If I can remember reading some thread that changing the dialer skin to the old windows default will also cause the BT icon to disappear.
+1 this will cause it for sure.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

mharvey is becoming a great contributor

I may also have this problem with my Touch Pro and I have been watching the phone and saw it disappear. When this happens the phone drops the Bluetooth connection to my hands free car kit and the car kit can not re-establish a connection.

When this happens I can go into the Comm Manager in TF3D and it still indicates that Bluetooth is enabled. If I try to turn Bluetooth off (using the little toggle in the TF3D Comm Manager) it will flip to off and back to on again. The Bluetooth icon is still missing from the taskbar.

I have found that it seems that the Bluetooth just goes away (crashes?) on its own once in a while. At first the way I was getting Bluetooth back was a reboot. I have since found that I can go into the Settings, Click the Connections tab, and then click Bluetooth. If I then click "Add a new device..." I will quickly see an error message (can't remember what it says, something about a problem with bluetooth) but the Bluetooth icon will suddenly reappear on the taskbar. If I am in the car the car kit will connect automatically within a couple of seconds.

Kind of annoying that Bluetooth just seems to die on this phone. At least I have found a faster way of getting it back without waiting for a reboot. I have not done anything funny with my dialer skin or WMWiFiRouter and the phone is stock so I do not know what might be causing this. Maybe this phone does not like the Parrot handsfree...
Old 05-07-2009, 05:26 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

That was what I needed to know Unknown Zone.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mharvey View Post
Maybe this phone does not like the Parrot handsfree...
My TP works fine with the hands-free Parrot setup in my truck although we probably have different Parrot models......(mine is outboard with my Eclipse DVD/NAV unit)

~John
Old 05-07-2009, 07:29 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Now I cant get the dial pad to come up at all(htc skin enabled),by pressing the talk button or phone lsk when in landscape. If I can get it to call by contacts the dial pad has no numbers or letters. Switching back to the windows dialer works but then no icons show up. Any suggestions? Stock rom

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro