PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   I know people have talked about this but please help! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56968)

reyrey127 02-09-2009 02:56 PM

I know people have talked about this but please help!

I have a 1-1.5mm gap between my LCD screen and keyboard. Everything else seems to be fine except for that and the creak in the battery cover.

Does anyone have a 1mm-1.5mm gap between their TP for the newer build dates?. It is approximately 1-1.5mm on the sides and 0.5-0.75 at the short ends. Heating issues also does not seem to be a problem except only at the camera region. From what I have read, this seems normal across the board. My build date is 12/19/08.

Is it worth returning. BB in southern california, seems to only carry the early builds, so anything in the 1/09 is not possible. I tried exchanging it in the Sprint store but got denied both in southern california and northern california. So please don't try and if you do and it works let me know where and who in california. I will drive there if i know i can get a NON GAP TP. Thanks.

This is my 3rd TP. Others have been earlier builds. I was lucky to even find a Dec. build phone after calling like 15 stores and checking the MEID (north and south cali).

Rey

Darkjedi 02-09-2009 03:04 PM

Re: I know people have talked about this but please help!

I have a pretty new build date 01/06/09 and my keyboard/screen clearance is definetely less than 1mm. The rounded edges may make the clearance seem bigger, but when I look at the amount of light that comes through the seam, its definitely less than 1mm.

Sprint probably won't exchange on that basis, especially if its not in the database as a known issue.

reyrey127 02-09-2009 03:15 PM

So it is not normal right? When I called HTC they said it is normal for the keybaord to slide. but 1-1.5mm seems quite a bit on the sides.

Does anyone with a Dec build that has my issue?? I rather not take it in, or exchange at BB since they do not have any newer builds available.

CoryNat 02-09-2009 03:39 PM

I have a December build and mine has a gap at end with the hard keys. I can see all the way through the phone. Odd, because there is not much play from one end to the other, but the gap is only on the end with the hard keys. Everything is working well, however, and I have TEP so I am going to look past the gap for now.

reyrey127 02-09-2009 04:05 PM

haha same here.. it is only at the end with the hard keys...

i mean i can see through the key board as well. but it seems to be constructed that way because i can't seem to push it down, unless i push the keys down, which at times i can feel the LCD hit the keyboard. Do you guys have the same issue??

Oh when was your december build made???

Thanks.

I will have pics tonight since i can't make my phone camera take a picture of itself.. Sorry!! :thumbleft:

CoryNat 02-09-2009 04:32 PM

Looks like 5th of Dec, so it was early. Mine sounds just like yours. I cannot force the parts together, so I assume it was manufactured that way. Bugged me at first, but everything else with the phone seems solid and considering some of the other issues I have seen on the board, I prefer to keep this one for now. Let HTC work out the kinks.

reyrey127 02-09-2009 04:36 PM

haha i see.

so you bought the TEP?? but are you past your 30 days? i am still within my 30 days but if i claim TEP, they mentioned that I would get a refurbed one. would that be the same for you as well??

are you waiting for a refurbed one later on down the road?

CoryNat 02-09-2009 05:23 PM

I am past the 30 days, so my options are TEP or dealing with HTC if something else goes wrong. It also costs $50 - apparently $100 after April. I have read the posts here about various problems and folks being on their 3rd TP or more. So, if the gap is my only issue I will just hang onto this one. I am sure at some point I will drop it or just plain use it to death. At that point, I am OK with a refurb if everything looks solid. I plan on being pretty picky at that point though.

PdaAddict 02-09-2009 05:49 PM

I have the same issue. it was built on 12/25/08. My earlier tp was built on 10/1808 and did not have this problem. I too decided to live with it. It seems that HTC is lacking in quality control.

reyrey127 02-09-2009 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PdaAddict (Post 701581)
I have the same issue. it was built on 12/25/08. My earlier tp was built on 10/1808 and did not have this problem. I too decided to live with it. It seems that HTC is lacking in quality control.

do u have a picture??

so you have the keyboard and screen hitting each other when you tap the keys????