PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Anyone else's stylus sensor break/fall out? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56921)

tracerit 02-09-2009 05:18 AM

Anyone else's stylus sensor break/fall out?

There's a sensor right inside the sytlus hole that senses when the stylus is pulled out so i'tll activate the phone from standby. I guess mine fell out the other day, i wasn't doing anything intense either. Once it popped out, it looked to be of low quality. I don't really need it since it's just for show really, but i'm wondering if anyone else's sensor fell out or broke too.

ou2mame 02-09-2009 05:30 AM

Re: Anyone else's stylus sensor break/fall out?

not yet....another thing to wait for..

dcperdue 02-09-2009 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracerit (Post 700350)
There's a sensor right inside the sytlus hole that senses when the stylus is pulled out so i'tll activate the phone from standby. I guess mine fell out the other day, i wasn't doing anything intense either. Once it popped out, it looked to be of low quality. I don't really need it since it's just for show really, but i'm wondering if anyone else's sensor fell out or broke too.

Mine falls out all the time I just left it out i never use it anyway.

blazinazn 02-09-2009 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracerit (Post 700350)

You should be more gentle when sticking it in...:thumbleft:

kyle4269 02-09-2009 09:21 AM

Mine hasnt yet but i'm sure it will.

zikronix 02-09-2009 09:23 AM

yes mine did. I was like wtf
i took it back to sprint and was like dood wtf. they replaced the phone

CountryDevil 02-09-2009 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zikronix (Post 700458)

I had the same problem with my sensor switch. It was traded out for a brand new on no questions asked.

DiamynzNPearlz 02-09-2009 10:26 AM

I just lost mine this weekend...it just fell out somewhere. I promise I didn't abuse the phone...LOL

CJ00TA 02-10-2009 12:21 AM

Just did this myself.. I purchased my phone from BB on 'release day' and it fell out the day after ( I wondered WTF that thing was...)

Just replaced my phone.. walked into my sprint store, 15 mins later I walked out with a brand new phone, box, battery cables, etc.

kennyidaho 02-10-2009 02:30 AM

Hopefully they fixed this on the January builds.

tracerit 02-10-2009 07:16 AM

i got my phone off ebay. can i just go into a sprint store and expect them to swap the phone out for a new one just like that?

i'm liking the idea but then there's nothing wrong with my phone otherwise and i'd hate to gamble on another risking finding new problems. are the build qualities of the newer touch pro's that great?

Darkjedi 02-10-2009 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracerit (Post 703160)
i got my phone off ebay. can i just go into a sprint store and expect them to swap the phone out for a new one just like that?

i'm liking the idea but then there's nothing wrong with my phone otherwise and i'd hate to gamble on another risking finding new problems. are the build qualities of the newer touch pro's that great?

short answer yes, long answer, yesssssssss, hahah. At least compared to the general average quality of the older builds. Seems like a lot less people are complaining about the same things as before. I have one of the newer builds and love my phone. Everything is flush and the TFlo is pretty snappy. The only problem they didn't fix is the overheating poor battery life, which may or may not be related to each other.

As for the stylus sensor, mine seems to be on a hinge and doesn't seem like its going to come out anytime soon. Are the earlier models built like this as well?

hassanb85 02-10-2009 11:17 AM

Same problem here with the sensor, It just stopped working one day then looked nd boom gone !! but won't get a new phone, am happy with mine :)

reyrey127 02-10-2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkjedi007 (Post 703340)
short answer yes, long answer, yesssssssss, hahah. At least compared to the general average quality of the older builds. Seems like a lot less people are complaining about the same things as before. I have one of the newer builds and love my phone. Everything is flush and the TFlo is pretty snappy. The only problem they didn't fix is the overheating poor battery life, which may or may not be related to each other.

As for the stylus sensor, mine seems to be on a hinge and doesn't seem like its going to come out anytime soon. Are the earlier models built like this as well?

what is the nice build date of your phone???

Darkjedi 02-10-2009 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reyrey127 (Post 703418)
what is the nice build date of your phone???

01/06/2009

twentysixtwo 03-03-2009 04:51 PM

Somehow just found this thread - I did a search for stylus before making a separate post. Looks like this is not an uncommon occurrence. Don't really use the stylus switch for much still still miffed that this switch fell out - phone is exactly 2 months old. I may be visiting my local Sprint store in the near future. I don't have TEP but should be covered under the device's 1 year warranty. (?)

twentysixtwo 03-06-2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zikronix (Post 700458)

Did you have TEP and how long did you have the phone?

TIA

xdmg 03-07-2009 05:07 PM

My stylus sensor doesnt work anymore either... so it's possible to take it to a sprint store to get it replaced? does it have to be one of the repair facilities or can I take it to any retail sprint store.

cd85233 03-07-2009 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xdmg (Post 758602)
My stylus sensor doesnt work anymore either... so it's possible to take it to a sprint store to get it replaced? does it have to be one of the repair facilities or can I take it to any retail sprint store.

For stuff like this I have been sent to a repair place because they have to open it to see if it has water damage and stuff...Not 100% sure tho since this is something they know about, they might just replace it there.

freeza 03-07-2009 11:26 PM

I hardly ever use my stylus so i've never had this problem. Knock on wood!

rushco 03-07-2009 11:33 PM

I find that it breaks really easy. So there is no need to get it replaced because of this. Unless you want to use it for another month before it breaks again.

Major_Nate 03-07-2009 11:41 PM

This happened to my first Pro, and I thought what the hell is stopping my stylus from going in all the way. I looked, and thought i saw a piece of pocket lint or sumtin, so i picked it out with the stylus and threw it on the floor. Took me a week to realize that the thing i threw on the floor was the sensor for my stylus. lol...But this hasn't happened on my last 2 Pros either.