PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Stock Tab? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56916)

CareTake12 02-09-2009 03:02 AM

Stock Tab?

Do you know where i can get the stock tab without installing the whole HD TF3D? i search at xda and here and they all leads me to installing HD TF3D. Thanks in advance.

chuckz07 02-09-2009 03:22 AM

Re: Stock Tab?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CareTake12 (Post 700259)
Do you know where i can get the stock tab without installing the whole HD TF3D? i search at xda and here and they all leads me to installing HD TF3D. Thanks in advance.

I'm sure somebody could be working on it, but everything I have seen about it is you can only get it with TFHD.

Certs 02-09-2009 03:33 AM

TF3D is a standalone program, and I haven't seen anyway to add tabs to it. The mailbox edit can be done so I won't say impossible, but right now the only way is to reinstall TF3D

CareTake12 02-09-2009 05:53 AM

Hey chuck and patty thanks for your responses, there a cab for the people tab which came from the HD so, i figure there one for the stock... i guess my search is over unless i install the whole TF3D. thanks..

jmorton10 02-09-2009 08:54 AM

I was waiting for that tab also as the add-in people tab works perfectly.

A few days ago I decided to install the full HD program without hard resetting first as I don't feel like redoing 3 months of customizing & I have a current tested system BU with Sprite.

I really didn't figure it would work all that well, but I had restored the BU I had & knew it worked perfectly so I really had nothing to lose.

Much to my surprise, it works perfectly (& am REALLY impressed with it). I installed the compressed version & it is noticeably quicker/snappier than my old setup was. The only problem I had was when I tried to install the warm orange theme from XDA I was running before. The theme worked great, but it eliminated the stock tab which was the main reason I installed it in the first place..........

I am running the HD setup now & it really works well.

~John

pask2155 02-09-2009 09:59 AM

hd is great! take the dive!

rainfreak 02-09-2009 10:56 AM

Yeah, except that there is no landscape screen...

cndm101 02-09-2009 04:20 PM

hd is great the landscape menu is useless anyhow. everything u need is on the keyboard.

rainfreak 02-09-2009 04:24 PM

I disagree. I use the landscape menu fairly often because if I get an email/text and want to reply to it, I just open it in landscape. I would rather have the keyboard open and ready. But hey, to each their own.

chuckz07 02-09-2009 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 701320)
I disagree. I use the landscape menu fairly often because if I get an email/text and want to reply to it, I just open it in landscape. I would rather have the keyboard open and ready. But hey, to each their own.

You're right, "to each is their own". IMO, I have found it easier to 'Thumb Scroll to new Message Tab, Thumb Press, slide open keyboard and start replying. To me, the landscape actually slows me down a little.