PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 02:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
optimizing iris browser for TP

I use this for the iphone.facebook.com website and love it, it also works great for googles book website. I tweaked my opera browser and now its WAY faster and was wondering if anyone knew how to do the same for Iris. I also want to change the icon art to the facebook icon as this is my primary function and feel the iphone.facebook.com website functions just like an app anyways.

Last, what is your guys thoughts on iris browser (speed, stability, etc.)
Old 02-09-2009, 02:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp

acizurqpid is a n00b
Re: optimizing iris browser for TP

what kind of tweaks did you make for opera?
Old 02-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work

BODY { FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma; FONT-SIZE:10pt } P { FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma; FONT-SIZE:10pt } DIV { FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma; FONT-SIZE:10pt } TD { FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma; FONT-SIZE:10pt } Turbo mode: checked
smooth scrolling: Checked
tab increase: 7
Automatic Ram cache: checked
First update delay: 0
Cache Directory4: changed to my sd card location example
then i would set the cache size to 10mb in the settings menue
Old 02-09-2009, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro, and Sprint Touch Diamond, iPhone 3G (white) also ha
Carrier: Sprint PCS, AT&T(Ugh)

Mastanthony89 is keeping up the good workMastanthony89 is keeping up the good workMastanthony89 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
BODY { FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma; FONT-SIZE:10pt } P { FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma; FONT-SIZE:10pt } DIV { FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma; FONT-SIZE:10pt } TD { FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma; FONT-SIZE:10pt } Turbo mode: checked
smooth scrolling: Checked
tab increase: 7
Automatic Ram cache: checked
First update delay: 0
Cache Directory4: changed to my sd card location example
then i would set the cache size to 10mb in the settings menue
Can you .Cab this up for us please
Old 02-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

its really easy, I dont know how to make cabs sry. Go to opera type in opera:config, there all under the user pref settings really easy to change
Old 02-09-2009, 02:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC PRO
Carrier: Verizon

mrspeedmaster is a n00b

thanks for the link. I didn't know there was an iphone optimized version of facebook. I've been using m.facebook.com and it sucks so bad I resort to using my iPhone 3G. Wow. Thanks for the link posted.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

get iris browser, the iphone site is optimized for webkit, and iris browswer is the only wm browser that is webkit, looks good on opera but if you get into pics for example its goofy
Old 02-09-2009, 06:31 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

Iris has a lot of potential but really needs a lot of optimization to reach that potential...

Could you imagine the Touch Pro HD with a blazing fast fully-completed Iris browser? *drool*

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 02-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I LOVE Iris browser... I'm honestly surprised this is one of the few threads about it (there were a few back when it was referred to as Torch Browser, before the current version).

Yes, I use it primarily for Facebook as well. A little trick that might be useful since the iPhone has slightly different screen dimensions: set the zoom view to match page width. Then the page formatting fits better.

It never occured to me to change the icon to Facebook- that's actually not a bad idea. You can totally change icons by finding an appropriate icon contained in a .dll, and referencing it by the link (lnk) in your programs dir.
More on this:
http://mobile-sg.com/simpleblog/arch...ost.asp?id=849

As far as icons go, yes you can absolutely change the icon:
Old 02-09-2009, 08:12 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

The problem with Iris is that people think its "slow" because it does a full HTML render BEFORE it starts showing you the page while Opera Mobile renders on the fly... but speedwise, its really about on par with Opera Mobile from page load start to page load finish... you just can't interact with it as quickly.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro