PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 09:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

moovius is keeping up the good workmoovius is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: H.264 Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCR512 View Post
Sounds like a MicroSD card issue, though that may not be right. Try the card that came with the device, if you're using a third party one.
The thing is, I'm not having this problem with larger files and with players like tcpmp. a 1 gig avi file will load up lightning quick into tcpmp.

I get an occasional issue of major slowness with the WMP and with the built in Album viewer (the movie player).
Old 02-12-2009, 12:27 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moovius View Post
One thing that is bothering me, these mp4 files cause WMP to choke up pretty good when I'm loading them up into the player. It takes several seconds from the point that I click play (after selecting the mp4 file) to the point that the movie starts playing... somtimes up to 20 seconds. But once it starts playing, WMP functions just fine and I can stop rewind or do whatever to the movie and it doesn't show any hint of locking up the player.

Anyone else experiencing this?
No choke up for me stock sprint rom TP, beyond the normal choke up.

Sad experience (well, let's just say not unexpected, but still...)

Converted from DVD about 17 minutes of fairly high motion video (HellBoyII, when they're fighting the machine army) into 640x480 video using

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=467112

- conversion went well, worked great even running under linux/wine: +10 points!
- resulting video looked very good/played smooth under Linux: + 10 points!
- 100mb for 17 minutes. Good compression: + 10 points!
- playback on Touch Pro... reasonably smooth. Slight jerkiness very rarely. Watchable. + 5 points
- playback on iPod Touch - freaking 10x better, crystal clear, smooth, yeah HALF the resolution, but way better result. Sigh. +10 for fruit boy.

Anyway, yeah, yet again HTC shows they make great business-class devices.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

lexluthor is keeping up the good worklexluthor is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
- playback on Touch Pro... reasonably smooth. Slight jerkiness very rarely. Watchable. + 5 points

Anyway, yeah, yet again HTC shows they make great business-class devices.
What software player did you use on the TP?

For H.264 video, Windows Media Player is substantially better than Coreplayer or TCPMP or anything else.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:51 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post
What software player did you use on the TP?

For H.264 video, Windows Media Player is substantially better than Coreplayer or TCPMP or anything else.
Yes, right - I used WMP it wasn't *bad* it just was obviously not as smooth or sharp (which is funny given the physically smaller screen with more pixels showing a video native sized for the screen vs the iPod needing to scale the video to fit its half-sized, physically larger screen)

On the iPod Touch I used the built-in player as well.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)

moovius is keeping up the good workmoovius is keeping up the good work

I posted this in the stickied Video Bible thread, but no replies... so I'll post it in this thread:

I have been using the Encoder that's on the xda-developer forum and using 600 kbit/sec or even the 700 kbit/sec options I'm seeing a lot of subtle stuttering in the video playback when watching the video in WMP or HTC Album.

This has been the case with both Juicy's 4.7 and MightyRom 4.10 (so not a rom issue).

Is this the norm for the Touch Pro? It's not terrible or anything, but it's something that my eye definitely picks up.

I did try running regular AVI's through the old TCPMP .72 player and I got more noticeable stuttering, but it was better than the mogul's playback so it was impressive at first .
Old 03-04-2009, 01:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

at risk of being flamed, I would not think you would have problems with H264 playing it in album if the encoding was set where you say. Not trying to say anything bad , but I would think 600 kbit/sec should produce very good results for the album process.Dishe has a nice thread going on the video if you have not seen it.

Last edited by lefty11; 03-05-2009 at 07:56 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro