PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: bell

eel316 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: H.264 Video

The touch pro has excellent video playback, its just that tcpmp does not take advantage of the devices hardware acceleration.

Use the app in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=467112
I have used it to convert videos to h264 at 640*480 30fps and they play flawlessly in wmp and htc album. I seriously doubt the omnia and other non htc smartphone can playback h264 at 640*480 at 30fps
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: X51v
Carrier: Sprint

Technology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the community
Smile Re: H.264 Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by eel316 View Post
The touch pro has excellent video playback, its just that tcpmp does not take advantage of the devices hardware acceleration.

Use the app in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=467112
I have used it to convert videos to h264 at 640*480 30fps and they play flawlessly in wmp and htc album. I seriously doubt the omnia and other non htc smartphone can playback h264 at 640*480 at 30fps
I will try this converter again, but this was the worst video that I ever had on my device came from that link, but I will try it again, may be I did something wrong.....
Old 02-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: bell

eel316 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technology1 View Post
I will try this converter again, but this was the worst video that I ever had on my device came from that link, but I will try it again, may be I did something wrong.....

Maybe you tried one of the earlier versions that had sync issues but the newer version has great video quality and all video and audio is synced
Old 02-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Prē

fr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good work

My settings are simple.
In the "Pictures" tab:
All is off or none except Decomb.
Crop is Automatic and Width/Height is: 480x272
Video Tab:
MPEG-4 (Xvid), Framerate: Same as source, Avg bitrate (kpbs): 650
Audio:
Automatic, MP3, although I'm gonna try AAC on the next, Stereo, Auto, 160kbs
And that's it.

My meager dual core X2 converted the last DVD, Planet Terror, at over 80fps.
Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F
Old 02-10-2009, 10:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

lexluthor is keeping up the good worklexluthor is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn View Post
My settings are simple.

MPEG-4 (Xvid), Framerate: Same as source, Avg bitrate (kpbs): 650
That's converting to Xvid, not H.264. I've found that Xvids, at least with coreplayer, play a lot smoother than H.264 video on the TP, but don't look as nice.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

lexluthor is keeping up the good worklexluthor is keeping up the good work

Ok, well I tried all of the steps in that other thread and didn't really get anywhere.

I didn't particularly want all of that stuff on my TP anyhow. I just wanted to play H.264 videos and didn't care about the youtube and all of that other stuff.

Luckily, I've found my solution.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=467112

This program has an incredibly simple gui that will great an h.264 video formatted for the TP.

I ran it last night on the same file I've been working on.

Then, I played the video using Windows Media and it looked great with no noticeable dropping of frames.

This is perfect.

I did try to play the h.264 that I encoded in handbrake using WMP and it only played the audio, not quite sure why, but I guess if I got it to play that video, WMP probably would have played it well.

WMP has the proper qualcomm video driver to decode h.264 whereas coreplayer doesn't, so that's why h.264 plays much better using wmp.

Has anyone else who is complaining about frames dropping in h.264 video tried playing it in wmp?

I'd definitely recommend this encoder here as well.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:34 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: X51v

Technology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the community
Talking Re: H.264 Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post
Ok, well I tried all of the steps in that other thread and didn't really get anywhere.

I didn't particularly want all of that stuff on my TP anyhow. I just wanted to play H.264 videos and didn't care about the youtube and all of that other stuff.

This program has an incredibly simple gui that will great an h.264 video formatted for the TP.

I ran it last night on the same file I've been working on.

Then, I played the video using Windows Media and it looked great with no noticeable dropping of frames.

This is perfect.

I did try to play the h.264 that I encoded in handbrake using WMP and it only played the audio, not quite sure why, but I guess if I got it to play that video, WMP probably would have played it well.

WMP has the proper qualcomm video driver to decode h.264 whereas coreplayer doesn't, so that's why h.264 plays much better using wmp.

Has anyone else who is complaining about frames dropping in h.264 video tried playing it in wmp?

I'd definitely recommend this encoder here as well.
Certain sites on the {WVD}, all files are H264. My TCPMP Player set up is not putting a whole lot stuff on your device, it's a video setup and you did not want to take your time and read, you want instant coffee, my TCPMP Player video set up works like a charm. I don't have any problems playing H264 data stream videos or movies off of my SD Card. Another thing the TCPMP player is my default player by choice.....{LOL}
Old 02-11-2009, 02:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)

moovius is keeping up the good workmoovius is keeping up the good work

Quote:

This encoder program is very nice. I re-encoded 2 movies that I had in AVI and it did a splendid job... very smooth playback in WMP compared to the pre-rendered avi's through tcpmp (I would get hesitations and studders in scenes with lots of action).

One thing that is bothering me, these mp4 files cause WMP to choke up pretty good when I'm loading them up into the player. It takes several seconds from the point that I click play (after selecting the mp4 file) to the point that the movie starts playing... somtimes up to 20 seconds. But once it starts playing, WMP functions just fine and I can stop rewind or do whatever to the movie and it doesn't show any hint of locking up the player.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Old 02-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Prē

fr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good work

Quote:
That's converting to Xvid, not H.264. I've found that Xvids, at least with coreplayer, play a lot smoother than H.264 video on the TP, but don't look as nice.
I'm going to try another H.264 convert just for giggles.
When trying it with CloneDVD Mobile I found I had drop the resolution to get the framerate up.

I personally would rather have smooth video, although it is kinda surprising how the screen shows lack of detail sometimes.

My rip for tonight AVP Requim looks great on the Pro and benches at 170%
using AAC and came out to 595mb for 1:40.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

AndyCR512 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by moovius View Post
One thing that is bothering me, these mp4 files cause WMP to choke up pretty good when I'm loading them up into the player. It takes several seconds from the point that I click play (after selecting the mp4 file) to the point that the movie starts playing... somtimes up to 20 seconds. But once it starts playing, WMP functions just fine and I can stop rewind or do whatever to the movie and it doesn't show any hint of locking up the player.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Sounds like a MicroSD card issue, though that may not be right. Try the card that came with the device, if you're using a third party one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro