PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ooregulateoo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ooregulateoo
How to recieve calls faster? on TP?

Hey guys I upgraded from the Sprint Mogul to the Touch Pro. There was a tweek on the Sprint Mogul where i can get the MSL for my phone using a program and go into it and change a setting so i can get faster phone calls. Right now it takes about 8 seconds before my phone recieves a call, and I was wondering if anyone knew how to do that hack on the Touch Pro?
Old 02-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch

bestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: How to recieve calls faster? on TP?

Disable skin and use MS original one
Old 02-08-2009, 08:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

ooregulateoo is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ooregulateoo

would you know where to get the program to get the msl? and the ## number i need to type in to get into the registry. I have not been on this forum for a while so I am lost at the moment and any help would greatly be appreciated

19-FIX THE SLOW RINGER

To do this, you will need your MSL, which only Sprint (or your provider) can provide you. Open up the phone app and dial ##778# (PST). You will be asked to enter your MSL. Enter it, and you will be brought into the provisioning of your phone. From the top left, select Modem Settings. On this page, your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) is how often your phone polls the tower for incoming calls, etc. This value is 1.28 seconds multiplied by 2^value (i.e 0=1.28 secs, 1=2.56secs) with 0 fastest, 7 slowest. The default is 2, but lowering it to 1 hasn't noticeably affected my battery life, and roughly 2.5 second (SCI 1) response time is far more reasonable than roughly 5 seconds (SCI 2)
Old 02-08-2009, 08:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch

bestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Download advance configuration and disable phone skin
http://www.touchxperience.com/en/adv...tion-tool.html
Old 02-08-2009, 08:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

dont know the program for the TP to get the MSL, but once you do find/get it...just dial ##778#, go to "edit", then "Modem Settings" and changed the "Slot Cycle Index" to either 0 or 1.

I have mine set to "0"

Search/Google for "BAFMSL" it is a cab file that will give your MSL if you dont want to go through Sprint...if you know what I mean..lol.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 02-08-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work

can you post what the default skin looks like pls, dont i want functionality increase or more visually appealing
Old 02-09-2009, 01:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

bruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuff

Dont even bother with the so called fixes. Flash Mighty Mike's ROM and your rings will be instant and your phone will be a much better phone overall
Old 02-09-2009, 01:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooregulateoo View Post
Hey guys I upgraded from the Sprint Mogul to the Touch Pro. There was a tweek on the Sprint Mogul where i can get the MSL for my phone using a program and go into it and change a setting so i can get faster phone calls. Right now it takes about 8 seconds before my phone recieves a call, and I was wondering if anyone knew how to do that hack on the Touch Pro?
I would say, run to the phone
Old 02-09-2009, 01:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work

i am running stock rom, have not even started researching how to flash yet, want to make sure i cover my bases well.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Anonymatt is becoming a great contributor

There are 2 issues at play in the delayed phone calls.

First there is the SCI, which you need the MSL to get. If you follow the "Essentials" sticky, Baffles has a link to a program to get the MSL for you, and also says what settings to change.

The other issue is that supposedly the HTC dialer has a delay before rings come in. This is partially true. The phone still receives the calls and the lights will start flashing, but it won't start vibrating or ringing for another few seconds or so. People have attempted different fixes to work around this, most notably disabling the HTC ringer and going with stock WM dialer, but a lot of people don't like that option as it is uglier, and you lose some functionality. I haven't tried Mighty Mikes to see if that improves anything, so no comment on that.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro