PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   SPB Backup help (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56865)

jadoe05 02-08-2009 05:35 PM

SPB Backup help

I have installed SPB Backup on my touch pro and everytime i try to perform a backup. custom or full i get an error message saying the the backup hasn't responded in a long time and asks if i want to abort. I hit no several times but it keeps happening and when i click yes my phone freezes. can anyone help?

tphone 02-08-2009 05:47 PM

Re: SPB Backup help

There is an option to stop background processes, uncheck that.

jadoe05 02-08-2009 06:10 PM

I did that and it worked thanks a ton

jmorton10 02-08-2009 07:51 PM

For some reason, SPB BU does not work as well as Sprite in my TP (it always worked perfectly in my old Titan's)

I have been doing some extensive BU program testing lately (look for my posts in the software section). I have had very mixed results doing restores from SPB in the TP, Sprite & Resco on the other hand has been working perfectly.

~John

bestjudge 02-08-2009 08:42 PM

I have mixed results with both SPB and Resco - full restore same device same rom. Didnt try Sprite yet .

jmorton10 02-08-2009 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bestjudge (Post 699513)
I have mixed results with both SPB and Resco

Really??

I have only restored a couple times with Resco but it seemed to work OK.

SPB has not worked well at all in the TP. I have restored with SPB & then TF3D refused to run going into an endless loop of tap here to launch TF but it never launches.

~John

jadoe05 02-08-2009 10:36 PM

Wow hope that doesn't happen when i need to restore.

chas123 02-08-2009 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 699542)
Really??

I have only restored a couple times with Resco but it seemed to work OK.

SPB has not worked well at all in the TP. I have restored with SPB & then TF3D refused to run going into an endless loop of tap here to launch TF but it never launches.

~John

I've been playing with this as well. If you are going between roms then, as you probably know, chances are your manila files are all different. What has worked for me is going into the advanced settings/choose which files to restore in the rom upgrade mode, and deselecting all the manila files, dll's and reg keys. This is a HUGE PITA as there are many files to deselect. Before I did it last time I went into the reg and set my scroll bars nice and fat, reset and proceded at the busy work. I emailed SPB about including a "do not restore manila" option in upcoming releases, but you know how that is going to turn out.

I'll search for Sprite- I' guessing it costs$?

skeegcpp 02-09-2009 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 699419)
I have had very mixed results doing restores from SPB in the TP

same here, i've noticed how SPB backup isn't as reliable as sprite backup. then again, it may depend on ur device. jmort10 spoke of SPB BU working good on the 6800, but not his newer phone. to conclude, in my experience also, SPB BU is 50/50 vs. sprite BU being almost if not 100%.

BenC 02-09-2009 03:12 AM

I too had issues with SPB Backup, with/without disabling processes. Great program, especially on the 800W. Sprite (the paid one) works fine on the Touch Pro.