PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II in Hand
Carrier: VZW MR1 6.5

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TF3D Hack

Is there a Reg edit aavailable or could someone with the skills work on a fix for the TF3D email link to VZW Sync? I did some searching in the registry.. okay a lot of searching and found where the email counters are. Hotmail and a comcast account I set up are showing the counter in the same registry key and VZW Sync is showing in a file folder called Sync. COmcast and Hotmail are in a folder called other email. I think the change is going to have to take place in one of the manila files but I don't know which one or if they can be edited. I know a lot of people don't use VZW Sync and the ones that don't don't care but if someone could take some time and figure this out you be a hero for sure. I'll help with any info from my current research. Thanks.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: TF3D Hack

Moved to general Touch Pro Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 01-07-2009, 07:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good workAFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good work

When you say the VZW Sync to TF3D what exactly do you mean? You use WSync and your emails aren't showing on the mail tab of TF3D? Hopefully thats not the case becuase I used WSync and the emails showed up like any other account in my mail tab on TF3D. If thats not what you mean let us know exactly what you want to happen.
GPS: lllboredlll GPS Fix V2
My Touch Pro ROM: SSK 1.2 The BEST ROM PERIOD

Old 01-07-2009, 07:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I use VZ wireless sync & my emails have never shown up in the T3D email tab, only my POP3 accounts show there.

I never really cared as I don't use vz sync all that often & I launch it from the start menu. I use it mainly as a place to automatically BU my contacts/appointments etc etc

~John
Old 01-07-2009, 08:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I use VZ wireless sync & my emails have never shown up in the T3D email tab, only my POP3 accounts show there.

I never really cared as I don't use vz sync all that often & I launch it from the start menu. I use it mainly as a place to automatically BU my contacts/appointments etc etc

~John
What he said only I use WSync exclusively. I have posted in another thread since I learned you can edit manila files in notepad. I need to know which manila file controls the email tab in touch flow. all of my pop accounts and even my hotmail show up in one registry file for email counts in a file called other email. The WSync mail shows up in a folder called Sync for email counts. It seems you would only need to edit the manila file to get them to show up. Also I deleted the Sprint Picture Mail folder in the registry since I am on VZW. The envelope is still there in TF3D but when you click on inbox soft key it takes you to account picker since I deleted the mail folder. If anyone knows which manila file it is please let me know. I have the Original HTC GSm look Manila files copied to the windows folder but I don't think the email file was overwritten since Sprint Picture Mail was still there after the copy. Any help would be great. I heard there were some work arounds and also somebody with a VZW Pro said it worked at first then they did a hard reset and it didn't. I know TF3D is turned off by default on the VZW phones so I wonder if he hhad TF3D turned off when he thought it was working. Sorry for the long post.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFAngryWarrior View Post
When you say the VZW Sync to TF3D what exactly do you mean? You use WSync and your emails aren't showing on the mail tab of TF3D? Hopefully thats not the case becuase I used WSync and the emails showed up like any other account in my mail tab on TF3D. If thats not what you mean let us know exactly what you want to happen.
So do you have any options for me to try? Your saying that it works for you? Is your phone a VZW Phone? If Sprint which Rom are you using? I'm not the only one having this problem so I am searching hard for a fix. If someone knows where the link to TF3D and the email accounts are that would help as well.

Last edited by Tech Addiction; 01-07-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

jcl247 is just getting started

Any updates on this? I'm in the same boat and would love it to work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro