PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2009, 06:51 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Force EVDO *ONLY*!

Anybody else have lots of problems with losing EVDO and getting dropped to 1X in a full EVDO area? There is a setting in the registry you can change to fix this annoying problem.

Its called Mode of Operation.

For those that are interested, change HKLM/Software/OEM/PhoneSetting... change HiddenModeOperation from 1 to 0.

To recall that, go into your Phone options... then hit mode of operation, get settings, change from hybrid to EVDO. This will force EVDO. Beware though, if you don't change it back, all calls and texts will not go through and you can't make calls either. This is strictly for tethering!

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png

Last edited by EtherealRemnant; 02-06-2009 at 07:01 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6800

benvino is a n00b
Re: Force EVDO *ONLY*!

Were are you located? I have the same problem for the last couple of weeks, I am in northern IN on IPCS network. I installed the "Force Data Connection" Cab basically does the reg hack for you. But the IPCS "Sprint" Rep said it was a network issue here and they will be fixing it in the next couple of days!! I will keep my fingers crossed
Old 02-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I just came on to see if I was imagining this. Just got my TP the other day and had the stock for the first day and now I'm on Juicy's 4.7. I was having all kinds of data issues and I thought it was something I missed like a carrier customization or radio update.

edit: for clarification: data works and I get my push email but sometimes it is hard to get an EVDO signal and I have to soft reset to get it to pick one up.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I'm on Alltel and was having the same problem, only getting 1X.
Called Alltel service and was told they were having problems with the data connections.
Seems like it was not provider specific.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

That is odd. I can see Alltel/VZW having issues but to have it extend to Sprint is interesting. Do they share many towers?

Anyway I just updated my radio to the Sprint 1.11 so I will see if that helps.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvino View Post
Were are you located? I have the same problem for the last couple of weeks, I am in northern IN on IPCS network. I installed the "Force Data Connection" Cab basically does the reg hack for you. But the IPCS "Sprint" Rep said it was a network issue here and they will be fixing it in the next couple of days!! I will keep my fingers crossed
I'm in eastern Iowa which is an iPCS area, and also having the same problem lately, never did this as much before, but the past week or so i'll be sitting at full bars and drop from EV to 1x.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment, ZE12.1 kernel & CL14

boiker is just getting started

I'm in Phoenix and the same issues are occuring out here with my TP. In the middle of streaming my data connection flips from full bar EVDO to full bar 1x.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:05 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

I've had issues with this since I had my 6700, 6800, and 6900... Especially if I'm downloading something and someone tries to call or a text comes in... it gets locked at 1X. So this feature is a lifesaver if I feel like starting a 2+GB download.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: THE BIG RED

skruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ok you got to start, settings, on setting hit you phone icon. then at the botton hit services, and mode of operation and hit get settings. there you can change from 1x mode and evo.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: THE BIG RED

skruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

and if you dont have mod of operation you go here
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\PhoneSetting]
"HiddenModeOperationPage"=dword:0

thanks to nexVision for help on this one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro