PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 03:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch PRo
Carrier: Sprint

loren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
worth getting a new phone? or sticking with december build date??

the phone feels flimsy and creaks. how are the new ones? mine is an early dec build date with good nic clear screeen.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:40 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: worth getting a new phone? or sticking with december build date??

if your TP feels and operates bad change it, mine is dec built however it is functionning well and I do not by anymean intend to change it. It is solid, no creaks no bull. Aside from battery not lasting 24 hours it is all good. Good luck man
Old 02-08-2009, 10:44 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

what he said, i have a late october one and it is perfect

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:44 AM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

Same here - last year build and no issue (aside from the battery).

Old 02-08-2009, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

AndyCR512 is becoming a great contributor

There are no Sprint Touch Pros which don't have that flimsy hinge feel to some degree or another - it's just how they're built. As for the creak, a little tape under the cover will fix it - I've heard some don't have the problem, but mine certainly does.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Mines built on 12/21/2008 and its solid, the screen and button panel seems to fit better and better the newer the build date I get
Old 02-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by loren646 View Post
the phone feels flimsy and creaks. how are the new ones? mine is an early dec build date with good nic clear screeen.

This is the difference on the new build i just received.

1) Sliding mechanism is stiffer on the keyboard than pervious build. Feels really solid whenever i slide in/out the keyboard because there is more resistance on the tension.

2) The stylus has a stronger hold in the slot. Yes , it does.

3) I don't see yellowish screen.

4) Everything is flushed

Once thing weird though is that on my start-up screen where it tells you the radio numbers and so forth...has a white screen with no logo instead of the black screen with the TOUCH PRO logo.

Edited: This is the January Build 1/12/09

Last edited by 510jungleboy; 02-08-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

my new one has jan.17,2009 and is solid. i would have kept my old one but i might have over-tweaked it because the pie kept saying my phone was a diamond and sprint tv and music store kept failing to connect.old one was manufactured 3 days before i got it 10-28-08.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch PRo
Threadstarter

loren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good work

those with the newer build date - how do you feel watching movies or tv or youtube videos on the yellower screens?
Old 02-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by loren646 View Post
those with the newer build date - how do you feel watching movies or tv or youtube videos on the yellower screens?
I don't have a yellowish screen , i am lucky.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro