PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   worth getting a new phone? or sticking with december build date?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56819)

loren646 02-08-2009 03:36 AM

worth getting a new phone? or sticking with december build date??

the phone feels flimsy and creaks. how are the new ones? mine is an early dec build date with good nic clear screeen.

HBOOT 02-08-2009 10:40 AM

Re: worth getting a new phone? or sticking with december build date??

if your TP feels and operates bad change it, mine is dec built however it is functionning well and I do not by anymean intend to change it. It is solid, no creaks no bull. Aside from battery not lasting 24 hours it is all good. Good luck man:laughing3:

hibby50 02-08-2009 10:44 AM

what he said, i have a late october one and it is perfect

Rusty Duck 02-08-2009 11:44 AM

Same here - last year build and no issue (aside from the battery).

AndyCR512 02-08-2009 11:56 AM

There are no Sprint Touch Pros which don't have that flimsy hinge feel to some degree or another - it's just how they're built. As for the creak, a little tape under the cover will fix it - I've heard some don't have the problem, but mine certainly does.

kyrumo 02-08-2009 12:04 PM

Mines built on 12/21/2008 and its solid, the screen and button panel seems to fit better and better the newer the build date I get :-)

510jungleboy 02-08-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loren646 (Post 698264)
the phone feels flimsy and creaks. how are the new ones? mine is an early dec build date with good nic clear screeen.

This is the difference on the new build i just received.

1) Sliding mechanism is stiffer on the keyboard than pervious build. Feels really solid whenever i slide in/out the keyboard because there is more resistance on the tension.

2) The stylus has a stronger hold in the slot. Yes , it does.

3) I don't see yellowish screen.

4) Everything is flushed

Once thing weird though is that on my start-up screen where it tells you the radio numbers and so forth...has a white screen with no logo instead of the black screen with the TOUCH PRO logo.

Edited: This is the January Build 1/12/09

Dr.8820 02-08-2009 12:54 PM

my new one has jan.17,2009 and is solid. i would have kept my old one but i might have over-tweaked it because the pie kept saying my phone was a diamond and sprint tv and music store kept failing to connect.old one was manufactured 3 days before i got it 10-28-08.

loren646 02-08-2009 02:20 PM

those with the newer build date - how do you feel watching movies or tv or youtube videos on the yellower screens?

510jungleboy 02-08-2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loren646 (Post 698841)
those with the newer build date - how do you feel watching movies or tv or youtube videos on the yellower screens?

I don't have a yellowish screen , i am lucky.