PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 01:57 PM
caddieguy02

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Question cant remove/uninstall programs

i got a new pro last friday cuz my other one i have had since its release stopped letting me answer calls...but anyways, now with this one it wont let me remove or uninstall programs...i just tried to swith to the new version og google maps with the location tracking...it wont let me remove the old...nor will it let me install the new and it replace the old...i also had this problem yestersay when i tried to add a theme 2 Mobile shell...i screwed that up so i was just going to uninstall mobile shell then reinstall and try it again...would not let me uninstall so i had to hard reset....i will not reset my device just for google maps it takes way to long to set back up with the settings mobile shell and pocket plus setup that i run...so does anyone have any idea or fix as to why i cant uninstall programs with this new pro...and yes i did a search but im having issues with that...it tells me my IP address has been banned lol...and i have had that issue in the past and had to have a MOD fix that....
Old 02-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: cant remove/uninstall programs

Honestly I would backup your contacts, etc with pimbackup and then do a hard reset.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:28 PM
caddieguy02

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Honestly I would backup your contacts, etc with pimbackup and then do a hard reset.
well i need to figure out why its not letting me remove programs 1st...or ima be doing hard resets every other day...
Old 02-04-2009, 03:34 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

SKTOOLS has a feature for removing programs, you can try that...

Old 02-04-2009, 03:37 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I have only run into that issue once before and it was an issue with an app that I had installed about a month before. What I did was do a hard reset, then install my apps one at a time. I would install an app, soft reset, then uninstall the same app. Then after a soft reset I would reinstall the app and move onto the next one in the list. I used this method to track down exactly which app it was and then, after a hard reset, did not install that app again.

It is a long and tedious road, but it paid off and to date (fingers crossed) I have not had the same problem again. Though I probably just screwed myself saying that...
Old 02-04-2009, 04:02 PM
caddieguy02

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVIERBOND69 View Post
SKTOOLS has a feature for removing programs, you can try that...

i use this and memaid...tried these both and neither worked lol
Old 02-10-2009, 10:37 AM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddieguy02 View Post
i use this and memaid...tried these both and neither worked lol
Sorry to heard that, i never had that problem before hope we can figure it out soon..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro