PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 12:37 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Best DIY Video Cable! (Best $3.50 You've Ever Spent!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrumo View Post
I perfer to go and buy 1
Did you get your hands on an "official" one? If you could do a image comparison of the two (DIY method vs prefab) I'd thank you

Old 02-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
Some have gone so far as to put a switch in, but really, headphones still work. The audioboost app doesn't work though so that sucks, but coreplayer has a built in eq so that makes up for it.

I dunno, taking off a piece of tape and putting it back on seems like more trouble than using coreplayer.

Also, if you go to a sprint store and tell them you lost your multimedia adapter, they usually give u a free replacement, so you could have one normal one and one modified one (like i do lol.)
If blue wire is pin 4, then this fix works exactly the same way by blocking off the connection to from pin 4 to the phone. If you can still use the headphones for your hack then headphones should work exactly the same way for this one too. For those who want to revert back to full headset functionality, they just need to remove the tape. If you leave the tape on you can still retain partial headset functionality.

Since I'm very lazy, I'd rather just tape up the USB since it takes all but a minute to do. Opening up the box to get to the blue wire and cutting/splicing it seems like too much work for me, hahah. Especially if I ever want to revert again as well.

This fix is really meant for people who don't use the Tv-out function that often and want to temporarily jury-rig their already existing adapter to a tv-out adapter. I personally didn't want to have to buy/get/beg for a new adapter or do anything crazy like break open the box or permanently break the pins. If you're serious about tv-out functionality, I would probably look into the official OEM adapter as I think that's the only one with proper grounding to the audio, though I'm not 100% sure.

Last edited by Darkjedi; 02-09-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

PolloLoco is keeping up the good workPolloLoco is keeping up the good work

Actually I don't think there's a reason to remove the tape, the modded adapters retain all their features. If you hack the adapter that came with your phone - you DO retain headset AND headphone use so long as you close out the video out program (without choosing NTSC or PAL).

I used tape to cover pin 4 of my adapter, and was able to watch videos on my TV. But also - when I closed out the "video out" program at the PAL/NTSC screen (top right button, then close it in running programs) - I could then successfully connect a wired headset. I used a 2.5mm headset and held a conversation with my roommate.

I think this is great news, so you don't have to add a switch or pay $40 to an ebay scammer who has. The adapter should retain all it's functionality. Hopefully if others can confirm - there's no reason NOT to modify your stock adapter.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

isangmahal is a n00b

I actually tried OP's idea and it works wonderfully with the 3.5mm camcorder to RCA cables that my father had lying around his house, though the video out is the red while audio was the yellow and white.

I was wondering if that would affect it much since whenever I play an episode of Heroes through this mod, the screen flickers blue in Core Player. Though it doesn't flicker with Youtube, it flickers very noticeably with Core Player.

Last edited by isangmahal; 02-11-2009 at 02:02 AM. Reason: forgot to add the youtube part
Old 02-11-2009, 02:12 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by isangmahal View Post
I actually tried OP's idea and it works wonderfully with the 3.5mm camcorder to RCA cables that my father had lying around his house, though the video out is the red while audio was the yellow and white.

I was wondering if that would affect it much since whenever I play an episode of Heroes through this mod, the screen flickers blue in Core Player. Though it doesn't flicker with Youtube, it flickers very noticeably with Core Player.
I've heard thats an issue with CorePlayer, try using TCPMP. When I used TCPMP to play some videos I didn't notice any blue flickering. The only thing is that the black levels are a bit higher than normal so everything seems brighter than it should. Theres no setting that I know of to change brightness on the TP end except in the player or the TV.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: CDMA HTC Touch Pro

Hot0m is a n00b

What is the easiest way to open up the black rectangular section in order to cut the blue wire?
Old 02-11-2009, 10:23 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot0m View Post
What is the easiest way to open up the black rectangular section in order to cut the blue wire?
I used a box cutter. I wedged it into the middle of the two pieces, then twisted it slightly. After trying to get it to snap back on, it snapped on fine, but it was much easier to remove it a second time so I used super glue to keep it shut.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: CDMA HTC Touch Pro

Hot0m is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
I used a box cutter. I wedged it into the middle of the two pieces, then twisted it slightly. After trying to get it to snap back on, it snapped on fine, but it was much easier to remove it a second time so I used super glue to keep it shut.
Thank you Chronster, your advice worked like a charm. I was able to split it, cut the blue wire and it tested working. It has a decent picture for what its worth. I printed the pinout as reference and used clear tape to seal it around the housing to keep it together.

Sprint Touch Pro
Old 02-14-2009, 08:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

yourborfrombk is a n00b

word that is goood i just did it an im happy as ever i wish it was that easy to get the fm radio to work lol
Old 02-25-2009, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

thestick00 is keeping up the good workthestick00 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to thestick00

Thanks sent. I was planning on doing another mod involving cutting the wire, but I was NOT about to do it until i had a second adapter with which to play with. I took your advice and my cables came in the male. Broke out some electrical tape I had (millions of uses) and a trusty razor blade. Within about 2 mins I had perfect audio and video on my TV. No Fuss No Muss. Thanks a bunch. This will come in handy very soon. I may try the other mod if I ever get another adapter from sprint, but this is more than okay for now. SO EASY. Thanks again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro