PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro/)
-   -   Phone tracker Application? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro/56805-phone-tracker-application.html)

izuzu 02-08-2009 12:33 AM

Phone tracker Application?
 
Does anyone know of a app where i can track a cell phone with that software installed in it, and have it tell me somehow where that phone is when ever i would like to know.

I have two kids and i got both of them htc TP's like myself, a united family lol.
They are young teenagers and would like to know where they are sometimes when they don't answer.

Thanks a lot to anyone for any help!

stroths 02-08-2009 01:07 AM

Re: Phone tracker Application?
 
Remote Tracker (free and well developed)

nueGPSsecurity (nuerom.com) is a newer app in this field, but the developer (no2chem) is well known here.

Either of these two free options are a good choice.

If you want to pay for one, look at Sprite Terminator.

kyle4269 02-08-2009 01:57 AM

Re: Phone tracker Application?
 
I've used Sprite Terminator and its a nice program. But like stated above it costs $$$

Darkjedi 02-08-2009 02:07 AM

Re: Phone tracker Application?
 
The new Google Maps with Latitude!!

It has the option to continue broadcasting your location even after the program is closed.

You can check the position by friending the account on the phone on Google Latitude and add the application in your iGoogle page.

Its not a very secure solution however, and you can actually set your location to somewhere completely different.

That said, it looks like Remote Tracker is the best solution, something I might even look into myself... It seems to be developed for GSM phones however with SIM chips in mind, but hopefully it can work on CDMA as well.

coolwhip1220 02-08-2009 05:24 AM

Re: Phone tracker Application?
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by izuzu (Post 697968)
Does anyone know of a app where i can track a cell phone with that software installed in it, and have it tell me somehow where that phone is when ever i would like to know.

I have two kids and i got both of them htc TP's like myself, a united family lol.
They are young teenagers and would like to know where they are sometimes when they don't answer.

Thanks a lot to anyone for any help!

Download Smartphonetracker. Here is the cab. You can send the phone an SMS with whatever code word you decide, and the program will email and text you the long and lat and a link to either google maps or yahoo maps. If you select "run in background" when you send the text the program won't even show it's open.

I downloaded this on my manager's phone without him knowing and get his location and call him from time to time to see if he's gonna lie to us workers. Caught him a couple times golfing, even what hole he's on. Great way to get out of work.

TheRealHotshot 02-08-2009 05:46 AM

Re: Phone tracker Application?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyle4269 (Post 698148)
I've used Sprite Terminator and its a nice program. But like stated above it costs $$$

+1 for sprite terminator a must have for me on any phone I own. They was running a deal you get that and sprite backup for 9.95 if you owned an htc phone. Might wanna check that out to the OP but if not try the app posted and see how that works out for you

slypher 02-08-2009 07:44 AM

Re: Phone tracker Application?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolwhip1220 (Post 698328)
Download Smartphonetracker. Here is the cab. You can send the phone an SMS with whatever code word you decide, and the program will email and text you the long and lat and a link to either google maps or yahoo maps. If you select "run in background" when you send the text the program won't even show it's open.

I downloaded this on my manager's phone without him knowing and get his location and call him from time to time to see if he's gonna lie to us workers. Caught him a couple times golfing, even what hole he's on. Great way to get out of work.

:sign5: That's hilarious. Sounds like it would also work wonders for shady females too :thumbleft:

-s

cndm101 02-08-2009 07:59 AM

Re: Phone tracker Application?
 
what about for a non wm phone???

cndm101 02-08-2009 08:01 AM

Re: Phone tracker Application?
 
what about for non wm phones???

stroths 02-08-2009 10:57 AM

Re: Phone tracker Application?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cndm101 (Post 698377)
what about for non wm phones???

It would depend on what OS the non-wm phone is running. I have not seen a universal tracker app. If there was one, I suspect it would be java based.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0