PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 12:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 on Telus
Carrier: Telus

izuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone tracker Application?

Does anyone know of a app where i can track a cell phone with that software installed in it, and have it tell me somehow where that phone is when ever i would like to know.

I have two kids and i got both of them htc TP's like myself, a united family lol.
They are young teenagers and would like to know where they are sometimes when they don't answer.

Thanks a lot to anyone for any help!
Old 02-08-2009, 01:07 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Re: Phone tracker Application?

Remote Tracker (free and well developed)

nueGPSsecurity (nuerom.com) is a newer app in this field, but the developer (no2chem) is well known here.

Either of these two free options are a good choice.

If you want to pay for one, look at Sprite Terminator.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I've used Sprite Terminator and its a nice program. But like stated above it costs $$$
Old 02-08-2009, 02:07 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The new Google Maps with Latitude!!

It has the option to continue broadcasting your location even after the program is closed.

You can check the position by friending the account on the phone on Google Latitude and add the application in your iGoogle page.

Its not a very secure solution however, and you can actually set your location to somewhere completely different.

That said, it looks like Remote Tracker is the best solution, something I might even look into myself... It seems to be developed for GSM phones however with SIM chips in mind, but hopefully it can work on CDMA as well.

Last edited by Darkjedi; 02-08-2009 at 02:14 AM.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by izuzu View Post
Does anyone know of a app where i can track a cell phone with that software installed in it, and have it tell me somehow where that phone is when ever i would like to know.

I have two kids and i got both of them htc TP's like myself, a united family lol.
They are young teenagers and would like to know where they are sometimes when they don't answer.

Thanks a lot to anyone for any help!
Download Smartphonetracker. Here is the cab. You can send the phone an SMS with whatever code word you decide, and the program will email and text you the long and lat and a link to either google maps or yahoo maps. If you select "run in background" when you send the text the program won't even show it's open.

I downloaded this on my manager's phone without him knowing and get his location and call him from time to time to see if he's gonna lie to us workers. Caught him a couple times golfing, even what hole he's on. Great way to get out of work.
Attached Files
File Type: cab SmartPhoneTrackerFreeInstall1.2.0.4.CAB (496.0 KB, 75 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:46 AM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Thumbs up Re: Phone tracker Application?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle4269 View Post
I've used Sprite Terminator and its a nice program. But like stated above it costs $$$
+1 for sprite terminator a must have for me on any phone I own. They was running a deal you get that and sprite backup for 9.95 if you owned an htc phone. Might wanna check that out to the OP but if not try the app posted and see how that works out for you

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 02-08-2009, 07:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwhip1220 View Post
Download Smartphonetracker. Here is the cab. You can send the phone an SMS with whatever code word you decide, and the program will email and text you the long and lat and a link to either google maps or yahoo maps. If you select "run in background" when you send the text the program won't even show it's open.

I downloaded this on my manager's phone without him knowing and get his location and call him from time to time to see if he's gonna lie to us workers. Caught him a couple times golfing, even what hole he's on. Great way to get out of work.
That's hilarious. Sounds like it would also work wonders for shady females too

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Old 02-08-2009, 07:59 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: touch pro, diamond

cndm101 is keeping up the good workcndm101 is keeping up the good work

what about for a non wm phone???
Old 02-08-2009, 08:01 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: touch pro, diamond

cndm101 is keeping up the good workcndm101 is keeping up the good work

what about for non wm phones???
Old 02-08-2009, 10:57 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cndm101 View Post
what about for non wm phones???
It would depend on what OS the non-wm phone is running. I have not seen a universal tracker app. If there was one, I suspect it would be java based.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro