PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 09:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

girlieq97 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
remove sprint logo on today screen

1. downloaded cab to remove sprint logo on today screen upper right side (WORKED)
2. downloaded flip clock, transparent clock (WORKED)
3. downloaded fix to scroll clock up and down (WORKED)
3. downloaded cab to remove curtains on top and bottom (WORKED)
after doing #3 it put the sprint logo back onto the upper right of the today screen. so i re-downloaded the cab and reinstalled but the logo is still there. Anyway to keep all of the above but remove the sprint logo?

thanks in advance for all your help

Last edited by girlieq97; 02-07-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:05 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: remove sprint logo on today screen

use this app. to type whatever you want in right corner. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21538
Old 02-08-2009, 12:51 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Darren, please be careful advising this program to change the top corner. As we have figured out that using the personalizer program does "break" sprint picturemail. Users will not receive picturemail messages to their phones though the pictures sent to them will be on the website when using this program.

We can verify this is true of Sprint Pro and Diamond.. install it, no picturemail, uninstall it yes picturemail everytime.... I loved using the personalizer program on my Treo and wanted it badly on the Diamond and Pro but it just doesn't go together. (Unless you or anyone has found a way for them to play nicely????) I just think there should be a 'warning' if you choose this method to remove "Sprint" you will not receive picturemail.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:43 AM
mcw
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mcw is keeping up the good workmcw is keeping up the good work

From my Post on XDA (see here: Editing the Sprint Logo)

Quote:
To change the Sprint Logo you see on the upper right of the hoem tab in TouchFlo3D, you need the following:

1 - Manila Editor from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=414861

2 - The file "443d5315_manila" from your \WINDOWS\ folder on your device.

Once you have the file copied over (you can use ActiveSync if on XP, and browse to the \Windows folder on your Mobile device through My Computer - just make sure you're set to show all hidden files and system files and all that stuff - if using Vista, then it's best if you use TotalCommander on your device and copy that file to another location, such as My Documents on your device, then use My Computer and browse your phone and copy it to your desktop), start up Manila Editor and select the path containing that file.

You should see the one file show up in the list (happens to be "operator_logo.qtc").

Now, on the right side, you'll actually see the logo... 256wx64h - it's a transparent PNG, so, if you make a new graphic - make sure you create a transparent PNG... Then, in Manila Editor, click "Replace" and point it to the new graphic you've made. One complete, exit, and you'll now have to copy your new "443d5315_manila" back to the \WINDOWS folder on your phone...

If using ActiveSync and showing all hidden/system/operating system files, then you should be able to browse to the \WINDOWS folder on your mobile device via My Computer... Just drag the file, and overwrite the original.

If using Vista, then copy the file back to the My Documents folder on your device, and use Total Commander on the phone to copy it into the \WINDOWS folder on your device.

NOTE: If you're using Vista with UAC enabled, you will need to run Manila Editor as an Administrator.

Hopefully this information helps you out - I just did it a few days ago and the phone looks much nicer without that harsh yellow Sprint logo (I've put my work's logo, which, conveniently enough, matches the default blue/green theme, and looks great).
I know that you're looking to blank/remove the logo, so just create a transparent PNG with nothing in it (empty)... Or, if you're in a creative mood - create a logo.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jsls is a n00b

I some how lost mine, anyway to get it back?
Old 02-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

girlieq97 is a n00b

Thanks eenieMINI I definetly do not want to lose access to my picturemail! and thank you MCW for the directions on how to change the logo into a picture or a blank. I did try to follow your instructions to the T but haven't been able to get a blank or nothing space in that top right spot. I will still continue to try however. If someone has another cab that i can just drop on the phone that will work with what i already have on there please let me know....thanks
Old 02-09-2009, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gxip is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I think you're unable to change the sprint logo because the flip clock actually brings the logo image with the clock. Not sure if I read this wrong though. I was trying the manila file as well with the flip clock and it doesn't work. There's a thread around here that explains how to change the logo on the flip clock but it's a different process.

EDIT: Ahh not the thread I was looking for but i think it's the same guy... I haven't tried this but I guess you need to rename the "443d5315_manila logo, just rename that to 29ed4fb5_manila and use it instead."

Source: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ing+flip+clock
Check post #6

Of course you need to edit the original manila file in manila editor with the logo you want.

Last edited by gxip; 02-09-2009 at 11:37 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro