PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 03:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch PRo
Carrier: Sprint

loren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does my ip address change using sprint?

just curious - does my ip address change everytime i cpnnect? will a website owner know it is me if i have another accpunt? can i be banned from a forum while using sprint mobile?
Old 02-07-2009, 03:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evotastic

scheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Does my ip address change using sprint?

I notice that my ip address changes every time i connect using alltel tethering.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:46 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I don't think many forums ban on account of having multiple IPs login. There are some private sites that limit registrations that may have rules regarding multiple IPs, but I've never had a problem with changes in IPs and log onto those sites on different computers all the time.

But yes, I find that I change IPs constantly while tethered.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch PRo
Threadstarter

loren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good work

im not tethered as i dont want to pay extra. it changes constantly? or everytime i reopen browser? or everytime i turn off/on data?

anyway for a website to know it is me?
Old 02-07-2009, 04:35 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by loren646 View Post
im not tethered as i dont want to pay extra. it changes constantly? or everytime i reopen browser? or everytime i turn off/on data?

anyway for a website to know it is me?
A lot of websites also look at gateways instead of personal IP's since a lot of people have dynamic IP addresses. Changing gateways is a bit more tough, unless you're going into another area (i.e. switching cell towers) or change ISP in the same area (i.e. roaming). Even then many websites don't enforce these as harshly, unless its obvious that someone is abusing the system and sharing their logins with a whole lot of people. Usually you change IPs whenever you disconnect and reconnect to the data network. It shouldn't change while you're idling, unless you're on the move. Even then I'm pretty sure CDMA technology handles hand-off pretty well, so you should be considered constantly connected on the same IP while moving across coverage of different towers.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:24 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I noticed the ip changes pretty often as well. I am imagining we all share a pool of them though so you should probably be considerate and try to not get them banned from sites.

Turning off the radio and turning it back on changes the ip for sure... I haven't tested anything else.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, Touch Pro 2

cannibalslug is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to cannibalslug Send a message via MSN to cannibalslug Send a message via Yahoo to cannibalslug

I know that aircards do the same thing when disconnected (notice area changes)...noting back to the dynamic ip you can also ask for a static ip through sprint although i don't know if they add it for mobile phones...i know aircards for sure
Old 02-07-2009, 07:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

yea when a "poll" is not going the way I want it in my local news paper:

On my Sprint PC Card,

Connect/Vote/Disconnect/Clean IE Cache/.......Connect/Vote/Disconnect/Clean IE Cache.....REPEAT...lol.till I get it my way
Don't just say "Thanks"....give

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro