PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

speck is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Something went wrong with my manila file edit

All the tweaks I've applied so far to my phone have been changes to the registry. I have had no problems at all with that.

Today I decided to venture into the world of customizing my TouchFlo a bit. I wanted to start by deleting the sprint music store link - I thought that was nice and simple. I copied 26948339_manila to my PC, I edited it very carefully, I copied it back to the windows directory on my phone. OK, so I forgot to turn off TF3D So when I soft-reset, I got in the endless Tap here to launch TF3D loop.

But I didn't panic - I went to settings, turned off TF3D, re-copied the changed file and soft-reset. I turn on TF3D - it still loops. I turn off TF3D, copy the original manila file back to windows and soft reset. I turn on TF3D and now all is well, but of course, now I am back at square one with the music tab.

I had copied the file to my PC with Active Sync explorer, and I edited the file with TextPad, not notepad, but the file is in unicode. When I copied the file back to the phone, I did get some kind of message about how file formats changed when copied, but I copied anyway.

What am I doing wrong here? I'm a little afraid to try again, although I guess I will since I did manage to recover, although it did test my heart health in the process .
Old 02-07-2009, 07:41 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: Something went wrong with my manila file edit

Why not use something like diamond config for simple things like reordering/disabling tabs?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=405749

I think you have to remove the tweaks.xml file from /program files/diamond config before it will launch on the touch pro.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
I think you have to remove the tweaks.xml file from /program files/diamond config before it will launch on the touch pro.
That was the only way "Diamond TF3d Config" would work on my TP had to delete the (tweaks.xml) or else it would crash and burn.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
Old 02-07-2009, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I've been a little skittish about using any of the configuration tools. I like to know what's being changed - and it seems I read a lot of posts about one tweak messing up another tweak. I've been kind of compulsive of keeping a log of everything I've changed on the phone so far. However, I'm about to throw caution to the wind (and now I am revealing my age!) - and just go ahead and install one of the config tools.

Which should I try - I've read on diamond config, diamond tweak, advanced config, any others?
Old 02-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

He's wanting to remove the music store portion of the music tab not the tab... that's the file he's editing.

@ OP.. try deleting the 2694...disabledtabs_manila file from your phone before reloaded tf3d after transfering your edited file. That worked for me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:25 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Ah thanks, you're right I misread his post!

The config apps will let you re-arrange tabs and disable entire tabs. They generally don't edit stuff on a tab.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

OK, I think I figured it out. Or at least figured out a way that seems to work. I renamed the file I edited on my PC to have a .txt extension. Then when I copied the file over to the phone I didn't get any kind of 'file conversion' message. I renamed the file on the phone and copied it to the windows directory - and this time everything worked fine. Same file - just added the extension before I copied from PC to phone. weird, huh? But now I think I'll try some more manila changes!
Old 02-08-2009, 12:20 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

There you go.. now that you mentioned it I think I did the same.. without realizing I used that method, I did take off the "txt" AFTER I put it on the phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro