PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 11:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touc pro
Carrier: sprint

b-ball21 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Free Sprint Battery- YMMV

I was getting really bad battery life (as most people with this phone are) so I went to the sprint store today and told them about it. The manager tried to tell me about closing applications and power management yadda yadda, but I insisted there was a defect with my battery. I asked him if he could swap my battery or give me another one. He went into the back and gave me a brand new battery to keep. So now I have 2.. My friend did the same thing yesterday and got an extra battery free of charge. It's worth a try if your battery is getting really bad life.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Jackietreehorn is a n00b
Re: Free Sprint Battery- YMMV

Nice, you're lucky. I went in and was just talking to a guy in there about it and brought up the subpar battery life. He told me that within 30 days, they could do one swap, but another guy came up behind him and said "Nah, just grab a new one." So he did, but took the old one. It'd be great to have a second...anything else that you could think of to help? Otherwise, I'll likely be looking for one to pick up cheap to keep around as a second.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

profroopchan is just getting started

I tried doing this yesterday, and they told me about swapping batteries too, I guess I did not insist enough that my battery was defective. I told them that I can not make it through 1/2 day with the battery. I told them that I can not stay with sprint if the battery was so horrible. The basically told me to go. I am going to try one more time, insisting that my battery is in fact defective.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by profroopchan View Post
I tried doing this yesterday, and they told me about swapping batteries too, I guess I did not insist enough that my battery was defective. I told them that I can not make it through 1/2 day with the battery. I told them that I can not stay with sprint if the battery was so horrible. The basically told me to go. I am going to try one more time, insisting that my battery is in fact defective.
we do this all the time at the sprint store i work at. when phones get returned, the only thing that gets sent back is the phone itself. so we have tons of batteries, backs, chargers, etc that we use for retention in sticky situations

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:34 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

crap. I just bought a seidio battery. Oh well, my sprint store here is a 3rd party. They're pretty stingy from my experiences.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Jackietreehorn is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
we do this all the time at the sprint store i work at. when phones get returned, the only thing that gets sent back is the phone itself. so we have tons of batteries, backs, chargers, etc that we use for retention in sticky situations
Interesting, I didn't know that. I may run back there and ask a bit more. Thanks.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:58 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Interreatin. How do I go about asking them to keep the old battery?
Old 11-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Also, when I get a returnkit, If I just send the phone and nothing else, will Sprint charge me? And if they do can I request another return kit to send the battery?
Old 11-19-2008, 08:05 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Come on Exil, all you gotta do is ask....if not let me know
Old 11-19-2008, 08:07 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Honestly if you just walk in and ask, like stated above, my sprint store is a repair store so they always keep the batteries, stylus', and covers, we only ship the phone back. If you go to a store and tell them about the bad battery life and your cool, a rep can just give you one that was from a returned diamond or pro. i wouldn't recommend a store that isn't a repair store because more then likely they don't keep parts because they would direct any problems to a repair store. Like hbenz2008 said, let me know. I already have 3 spares for my phone and I quit working for sprint 3 months ago. (everyone in there still likes me )

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro