PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint Touch Pros from Ebay (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56754)

nmhusa 02-07-2009 05:21 PM

Sprint Touch Pros from Ebay

I purchased a Sprint Touch PRo from Ebay for $350 with no contract, no new line activation, working ESN etc. Arrived in a regular Sprint Box retail packaged with a shipping label from Sprint. Set it up online as a replacement for the old Mogul I had. Working flawlessly.

Now why can't Sprint offer something direct to customers like that with no BS about renates, contract extensions etc.

gbm85 02-07-2009 05:33 PM

Re: Sprint Touch Pros from Ebay

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

violent23 02-07-2009 07:02 PM

Because most likely that phone was stolen, just like most other electronics under regular price on ebay.

Dr.8820 02-07-2009 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by violent23 (Post 697362)
Because most likely that phone was stolen, just like most other electronics under regular price on ebay.

sometimes a seller gets a new replacement but decides they don't want that model and sells it.

510jungleboy 02-07-2009 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr8820 (Post 697367)
sometimes a seller gets a new replacement but decides they don't want that model and sells it.

I do that when i get my replacement on my Touch(s) , but i sell it to my buddies though.

nmhusa 02-07-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by violent23 (Post 697362)

If it was stolen, how is the ESN clear ?

nuzzle 02-07-2009 09:00 PM

esn swaps are not hard to do. ;)
either way, if it worked for ya... then rock on man! :0) Although I love when my contract is up with Sprint. Its like Christmas! lol
Its the time when you get to negotiate your plan and get some freebies. ;)
I was able to get the diamond for basically free, then pay a small fee to upgrade to the Pro when the Diamond broke within the first week. Not to mention my plan has unlimited everything for about 35-40$ a month. Its a very old plan, and has been negotiated a few times. :)

nuzzle 02-07-2009 09:01 PM

Just wanted to add the following...
I really love Sprint, no company is perfect. But Sprint is the one company I feel like ISNT f*cking me over. or raping me like every other company out there.
Because of that I wont be leaving them anytime soon. and everyone I know pretty much has sprint because of how much I praise them. I've had minimal problems since I been a Sprint customer, about 6 years now.

FFJASON1 02-08-2009 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmhusa (Post 697199)
I purchased a Sprint Touch PRo from Ebay for $350 with no contract, no new line activation, working ESN etc. Arrived in a regular Sprint Box retail packaged with a shipping label from Sprint. Set it up online as a replacement for the old Mogul I had. Working flawlessly.

Now why can't Sprint offer something direct to customers like that with no BS about renates, contract extensions etc.

I got my Touch Pro from ebay about two weeks ago for $339 with free shipping. Like yours, mine came from a Sprint distribution site with a Sprint packing slip inside. It activated without a problem and has been working great since.

Two days ago eBay sent me a notice that they canceled the auction and I should file a complaint with PayPal to recover my payment. I suspect that an employee was making money from eBay at the expense of Sprint.

elephant007 02-08-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuzzle (Post 697559)
esn swaps are not hard to do. ;)

They may not be hard to do, they still would have to get a correct ESN going to the same model of phone and match or change the esn that is embedded into the devices hardware. In other words, I think it would be nearly impossible for this to be a swapped ESN (not saying it can't be, the percentage would be low though)