PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 08:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pros from Ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent23 View Post
Because most likely that phone was stolen, just like most other electronics under regular price on ebay.
I bought two brand new Sprint TouchPro's on ebay from a seller with over 3000 positive feedbacks. I checked the ESN's on both with Sprint & if they where stolen, nobody bothered to report it.

Both where clearly unopened packaging & work great activated on my Verizon account.

~John
Old 02-09-2009, 12:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

SkinsFan is a n00b

I bought two of them from fleaBay for my wife and I because my old plan includes shared unlimited data, text, and 2000 minutes for $85/month. There is NO way that I am going to pay $200/month for what I am getting now for $115 less. The extra I paid for the phones (and I paid more than $350 each)will be paid for in a few months. I figure that for the 8 years I had that "unlimited data", I bet I used less than .25MB per month for those eight years. I'm now finally getting my money's worth -- and I'm NOT going to pay them a $0.01 more!

I bought my wife her phone for Christmas to replace an 8 year old Sanyo 4900 and liked it so such I bought one for myself. Having never taken ANY deals from Sprint in the 8 years I've been with them and then being told I have to "upgrade" to a $115 more per month plan to "get a deal" on my first new phones in 8 years?!! No thanks!

I had absolutely no problems activating either of the phones.

Last edited by SkinsFan; 02-09-2009 at 12:07 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D;EVO4G;TP2;Treo Pro;TP;Mogul

u8myfoood is keeping up the good worku8myfoood is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to u8myfoood

Craigslist is a good alternative to eBay if you don't want to deal with shipping time, that's how I got mine... most of the time it's cheaper on craigslist, although I would advise doing transactions in public places, because there are a-Holes that try to scam you, and there is no paypal to help you in that case!
Old 02-09-2009, 12:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Hidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I got my Pro on EBay three weeks ago for $320, brand spanking new, no contract renewal. Sold my old Mogul for $195, making for a $125 upgrade to this new 4x improvement
Old 02-09-2009, 01:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro

aprilarchambeau is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to aprilarchambeau Send a message via Yahoo to aprilarchambeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFJASON1 View Post
I got my Touch Pro from ebay about two weeks ago for $339 with free shipping. Like yours, mine came from a Sprint distribution site with a Sprint packing slip inside. It activated without a problem and has been working great since.

Two days ago eBay sent me a notice that they canceled the auction and I should file a complaint with PayPal to recover my payment. I suspect that an employee was making money from eBay at the expense of Sprint.
That happened to me a long time ago......With an older Sprint phone, the guy did work for Sprint and was actually taking returns and selling them and not turning them into Sprint, Paypal refunded my account AND they told me just to keep the phone w0000t
Old 02-09-2009, 01:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Spring

Addicted23 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by u8myfoood View Post
Craigslist is a good alternative to eBay if you don't want to deal with shipping time, that's how I got mine... most of the time it's cheaper on craigslist, although I would advise doing transactions in public places, because there are a-Holes that try to scam you, and there is no paypal to help you in that case!
For items I am wary about, I always use paypal for craigslist transactions. You can find some great deals.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Hidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Same happened to me! The seller's account was cancelled days after I recieved my phone in the mail.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Dubez is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFJASON1 View Post
I got my Touch Pro from ebay about two weeks ago for $339 with free shipping. Like yours, mine came from a Sprint distribution site with a Sprint packing slip inside. It activated without a problem and has been working great since.

Two days ago eBay sent me a notice that they canceled the auction and I should file a complaint with PayPal to recover my payment. I suspect that an employee was making money from eBay at the expense of Sprint.

Got the same phone, price, and email from ebay. I even talked to dude on the phone because i wasnt getting any feedback. He said he was a drop shipper... Whatever, my phone came, connected it, works fine. Hope dude doesnt get into too much trouble because I believe he made alot of people happy in the last month.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuzzle View Post
Just wanted to add the following...
I really love Sprint, no company is perfect. But Sprint is the one company I feel like ISNT f*cking me over. or raping me like every other company out there.
Because of that I wont be leaving them anytime soon. and everyone I know pretty much has sprint because of how much I praise them. I've had minimal problems since I been a Sprint customer, about 6 years now.
Off-topic:
You know who I feel the most bent over from? Comcast. How is it that every channel you offer plus 2 dvr's only costs me 32.99/mo but highspeed internet is f'n $45/mo?!?!?!?!?!?!? (I know, I know, tether, but its no where near as fast, and I download close to 10 gigs a day.)

On Topic:
Sprint has always given me great deals on the phone. I've never had to wait a full 22 months to get my discount, and they're service is the best anywhere I've been. And you can basically get the customer service to do whatever you want. I think the people that have problems with them are the people who are pricks to the cs agents.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Cricket

dcperdue is keeping up the good workdcperdue is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to dcperdue

we allready have a thread about this with a gazillion posts do we really need another one? Use the search feature before starting duplicate threads please.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro