PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2009, 03:38 PM
drizzo91's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Apache HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon (but i pay for sprint)
Location: MA
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 85
Reputation: 15
drizzo91 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
extusb extension cord

Geekers,
Have any of you come across an extension cord for extusb? I am looking to setup my TP so when i plug it in to my car it looks half way decent.

Instead of having wires running from my radio/usb port on the radio through the all-in-one that came with the TP to the actual phone, I would rather hide all of that mess in the glove box/dash board and just have the extusb extension cord run from a hidden location, to my phone.

Thanks,
Drizz
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Phreddo's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Madison, WI
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 291
Reputation: 50
Phreddo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: extusb extension cord

Make that 2 of us looking for this.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2009, 06:58 PM
510jungleboy's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 345
Reputation: 410
510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy
Re: extusb extension cord

What are you trying to do?
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2009, 08:15 PM
mabru2001's Avatar
mabru2001
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: extusb extension cord

.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by 510jungleboy View Post
What are you trying to do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzo91 View Post
Instead of having wires running from my radio/usb port on the radio through the all-in-one that came with the TP to the actual phone, I would rather hide all of that mess in the glove box/dash board and just have the extusb extension cord run from a hidden location, to my phone.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2009, 10:18 PM
Phreddo's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Madison, WI
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 291
Reputation: 50
Phreddo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: extusb extension cord

i seriously -hate- that little block hanging off my phone and blocking my stereo in my car.
i would really like such an extension with some sort of low-profile angled plug to boot.

who do we post such a requrest to?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2009, 10:40 PM
rainfreak's Avatar
Gettin' Freaky With It
Offline
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red
Location: Toledo, OH
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,934
Reputation: 9792
rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: extusb extension cord

Well, if I am following your request correctly, a simple Google search of "mini usb extension cable" yielded these results.

Here is one for $12.20 on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-Mini-B-Exten...QQcmdZViewItem
__________________
"I remember, way back in the day, this site was hoppin' with members, posts, and some great development."
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2009, 10:51 PM
u8myfoood's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: EVO3D;EVO4G;TP2;Treo Pro;TP;Mogul
Carrier: Sprint
Location: NYC
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 188
Reputation: 150
u8myfoood is keeping up the good worku8myfoood is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to u8myfoood
Re: extusb extension cord

If you dont mind 2 week shipping period dealextreme is for you!
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2510 <-$2.64 no shipping cost
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5873 <-$7.98, if you want it to be "power-boosted"
__________________
Say thanks if you were helped by a posting!
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2009, 11:39 PM
abrasive's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: Hermann
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Seattle, WA
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 32
Reputation: 25
abrasive is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: extusb extension cord

i also posted about this kind of cord some time ago...
it didnt seem that anyone had any information regarding it.

the only problem with using a regular usb-type extension cable is it doesnt have the extra pins for audio, etc. that the htc proprietary accessories use. in short, the all-in-one adapter would only be able to pass through charging capabilities. so these mini usb extensions are a dead end...

we will just have to wait for an 11pin version.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2009, 12:52 AM
mabru2001's Avatar
mabru2001
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: extusb extension cord

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Well, if I am following your request correctly, a simple Google search of "mini usb extension cable" yielded these results.

Here is one for $12.20 on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-Mini-B-Exten...QQcmdZViewItem
That is 5pin

Quote:
Originally Posted by u8myfoood View Post
If you dont mind 2 week shipping period dealextreme is for you!
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2510 <-$2.64 no shipping cost
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5873 <-$7.98, if you want it to be "power-boosted"
MINI USB


Quote:
Originally Posted by abrasive View Post
i also posted about this kind of cord some time ago...
it didnt seem that anyone had any information regarding it.

the only problem with using a regular usb-type extension cable is it doesnt have the extra pins for audio, etc. that the htc proprietary accessories use. in short, the all-in-one adapter would only be able to pass through charging capabilities. so these mini usb extensions are a dead end...

we will just have to wait for an 11pin version.
Right on Brotha, Some people just cant count or not even look at the picture.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2009, 01:27 AM
drizzo91's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Apache HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon (but i pay for sprint)
Threadstarter
Location: MA
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 85
Reputation: 15
drizzo91 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: extusb extension cord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreddo View Post
i seriously -hate- that little block hanging off my phone and blocking my stereo in my car.
i would really like such an extension with some sort of low-profile angled plug to boot.

who do we post such a requrest to?
I would assume HTC would be the ones to ask; if i am not mistaken they are the "creators" of extusb. I will poke around on their website and see if i can find a way to request such a cord and let you know when I get info.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com