PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2009, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

aprilarchambeau is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to aprilarchambeau Send a message via Yahoo to aprilarchambeau
If Sprint offered to send you another Tp, would you take it?

I have had problems for awhile with not being able to accept calls (the person calling hears an echo and the phone does not ring on their end) and I cannot call my husband or my Vm, well I just found out that my voicemail has not been working either, hence why I receive 5 or so missed calls for one call, because the caller is not catching my VM and it keeps ringing.

So after 2 advanced tech support tickets, they SWEAR my phone is defective, although my husband cannot call his VM either, which has nothing to do with my phone, and the tech support guy says to me" I do not like the TPs they have numerous problems and should be taken off the marker" I am like WTF crack are you on, *******.

Anywho, escallations management team just called, they want to send me another TP, they said if this does not fix my issue, they promise to work day in and day out to fix it.

I have no problems with my TP, build date is 1/9/09, no over heating, battery is OK, nothing that I am aware of at all (other than a small crack in the chrome that you really cannot see). So my question is, should I take it? Or just tell them no and make them fix this situation??

April
Old 02-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: If Sprint offered to send you another Tp, would you take it?

i would take it. just make sure you tell sprint that you want a new replacement, not a refurb.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I would accept the new phone but insist they fix the VM issue. VM has nothing to do with your hardware.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to aprilarchambeau Send a message via Yahoo to aprilarchambeau

Thats what I said too, and I just spoke with tech again, they programmed it wrong, and my voice mailbox was on someone elses number. So now all of my voicemails from the past months are gone now without notice which sucks. So now, they have deleted my contacts in my phone, and my voicemails. I am not on good terms with Sprint right now lol
Old 02-06-2009, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nuzzle is just getting started

talk to the escalations dept you spoke with and tell them of your current situation of losing all that info... demand some kind of inconvenience fee.... I just had a huge fiasco with them and the Diamond I originally bought when renewing my contract. Needless to say, I paid 100$ for the diamond, and then only 30$ to upgrade to the pro. And the plan I have is amazing. So Sprint is willing to keep you happy. Especially cuz your at the escalations dept now, thats the place to have an ace in the hole. lol
Old 02-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

designerdrug is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to designerdrug

I think it would be best to make them fix the issue. If it comes up again, they'll know how to fix it. Sending you a new phone is the easy way out... lol. Now, if they don't fix it.... then maybe bet a new one.

dD
Old 02-06-2009, 06:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jawxx is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jawxx

I would accept a new phone but for different reason. My buttons -the buttons on the face of the phone- are working less and less. Including the circle pad.... seems to have lost its sensitivity. I can't change text size with it anymore. Often times trying to press the Talk button it just acts as a left click. I like a lot about this phone too, but I dislike a lot too. Thus far the likes outweigh the dislikes.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok so at this point I have 3 options, this is pertaining to the new Pro:

1) Have them send me one and bill me the full price of the phone until they receive mine back, which would be 2 business days after I got this one, I will not do this because I know for a fact it takes 2-3 billing cycles to get that amount credited back and I am not about to pay $600 on my bill and have a credit for that much.

2) Drive the hour+ drive to the corporate store to do a fast, easy exchange

3) My friend that works at the affiliate store told me to add insurance, and 3 days later come back and he will give me a new one off the shelf and I wont have to pay the $50, BUT, cant you only get so many claims per year with insurance?

Which should I do? If any
Old 02-06-2009, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D;EVO4G;TP2;Treo Pro;TP;Mogul

u8myfoood is keeping up the good worku8myfoood is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to u8myfoood

I called in about a problem with my TP and they said they would send me a refurb, but instead I received a brand new phone... I called in on Monday night and got a new on wednesday.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

Trs640 is a n00b

How long have you had your phone activated on your account? The insurance deal may or may not work depending on that. If it's over 30 days it is highly unlikely that it will work (if that's the case I'll explain why in a new post for ya).
Personally I'd have them send me a new phone or drive to the nearest Sprint store and have them do the switch out with a new one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro