PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Lurker

golfdog352 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Streamng media help

I am trying to stream a FM station from it's website. I have had no luck doing this. I was told to install Skyfire and then I would be able to stream the FM station. I have installed Skyfire and am still not able to stream the FM station. When I click on the "listen live" button, I get a screen that says something about a missing plug in and click here to install your active X plug in. When I click the " install active X " nothing happens.
I have used the search function many times trying to solve this problem myself but the more posts I read the more confused I get.
Obviously I'm not in the same league as most of the people on this site when it comes to knowledge of computers. I probably shouldn't even be allowed to visit this site. I'm like a child learning to swim, someone threw me in the deep end and I only have one swimmy on one arm.
Seriously, I am learning. I asked for help a few weeks ago about installing a .cab file and because of the good people on this site was able to install the file. Baby Steps....
Old 02-07-2009, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

Athasian is keeping up the good workAthasian is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Streamng media help

Unfortunately if its an ActiveX only stream then it won't work on your phone. PIE and Opera and Skyfire won't do ActiveX.

The good news is that it might be possible to find the stream in another format. For example my fav radio station here is Z1077. The stream on their website is an activeX stream - boo. But there is a PDA link on The Mobile Stream Center that works ONLY for PDAs (like the Mogul, Touch, Touch Diamon, Touch Pro etc etc)

http://www.thestreamcenter.com/pda/ is the link *edit* forgot to say you need to use this in Opera or PIE

There are a lot of radio stations there, and most Clear Channel Broadcasting stations have PDA links. Its organized by state, but not city, so you'll have to search thru the stations in your state but its not that bad. it should play in your default media player just by clicking on the link they provide. If you have not changed it, it will be WMP.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro