PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro/)
-   -   You can Charge your HTC TP with a regular Mini USB. Did you know?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro/56730-you-can-charge-your-htc-tp-regular-mini-usb-did-you-know.html)

jucytec 02-07-2009 02:18 PM

You can Charge your HTC TP with a regular Mini USB. Did you know??

So I left my charger at work, I didn't feel like getting into my office on a Saturday So... I just shoved in a mini USB cable and guess what? it fits! lol...

I'm not sure if the plugs look the same across all brands but it definitely fits on the Vzw version. this might be OLD news but... thought I'd share.:thumbleft:

MoonZ*BabysH 02-07-2009 02:33 PM

Re: You can Charge your HTC TP with a regular Mini USB. Did you know??

are you really that eager to post a thread? sorry to be an *** but, REALLY!?! come on.

MidwestDrummer 02-07-2009 02:37 PM

LMAO! Is this guy serious?

Thanks Captain obvious! Once again you save us by pointing out the most common of knowledges!!

rgsekula 02-07-2009 02:42 PM

^like the last two posters^

i just want +1 to my post count.:geek:

Akshay00 02-07-2009 03:00 PM

I'll be nice to the guy! USB is USB no matter what brand you talk about. It's a standard. The voltages and the connectors are standard. You can take an iPod charger, replace the cable with one you got with the TP and your phone will start charging. Or you can use a Razr or Blackberry charger. That will work too.

amart79196 02-07-2009 03:06 PM

for a much needed laugh, i should hit the "THANKS" button.

schettj 02-07-2009 03:13 PM

Also, you can touch the screen and it totally selects the button under your finger. If I helped you, click "Thanks!"

Welcome aboard, jucytec.

jcu 02-07-2009 03:46 PM

I would be more interested if there is a battery-powered (like AA batteries) device that can charge TP so can use it for long flight or trip. :)

isangmahal 02-07-2009 03:52 PM

Here's a constructive post to this thread and to inform the OP:

Yes, you can charge using a regular mini-USB but the charger that comes specifically with the Touch Pro charges at 1A instead of 500mA. So just to caution you that if you use your regular miniUSB cable that it won't be able to charge as fast if you are using a regular mini USB cable while talking on the phone and you'll eventually drain the phone's battery.

MoonZ*BabysH 02-07-2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isangmahal (Post 697028)
Here's a constructive post to this thread and to inform the OP:

Yes, you can charge using a regular mini-USB but the charger that comes specifically with the Touch Pro charges at 1A instead of 500mA. So just to caution you that if you use your regular miniUSB cable that it won't be able to charge as fast if you are using a regular mini USB cable while talking on the phone and you'll eventually drain the phone's battery.

See now this should have been what this Thread should have been right off the bat. You rock.