PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

gbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My Touch Pro made me 30 mins late to work this morning!!

Last night, I set up my phone like I always do before bed... turn off text alert, set alarm, close all programs, put on charger. I set the alarm for 6:20 like I always do for Saturday cuz I have to be at work at 8:00.

Well my wife wakes me up in a panic saying that it's 7:22!! I was like yeah right my alarm hasn't even gone off yet... well sure enough her clock says 7:22. So I look at my phone and the first thing I notice is that the white LED's are completely off, even though it is sitting right on the charger. I took it off the charger and hit the power button to wake it up. I thought I was the victim of the Windows alarm bug... but the damn thing didn't even turn on. Pushed the soft reset button, nothing happened. Held the power button... nothing. After a couple tried of holding down the power button, it finally booted up.

How the h3ll did my phone completely shut itself off in the middle of the night?? I didn't have any programs running. The battery was fully charged, so I know it didn't run out of juice! Even when the phone is completely off it is still supposed to show the charging LED's. Has anyone else had something like this happen??
Old 02-07-2009, 12:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

xdanimalx is just getting started
Re: My Touch Pro made me 30 mins late to work this morning!!

Actually last night believe it or not.
I was at my friends house and I decided to charge over usb, I look and its not even charged!
I open up nuePower to see that it says 50% but discharge is higher than charge...
Hopefully I can get this damn thing to charge here, cause my charger is at home.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP

mehan is a n00b

Same thing happened to me twice yesterday. The phone just went dead by itself.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:44 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i got one for ya, i always use spb backup first off. sitting a hockey game and phone is on ny lap and reboots itself? i watch the process and i see the green screen show and i removed that then the words tap screen to begain show. wtf, hard reset all by itself? not a big problem, my backup is good to go, wrong, every app. cab everything was gone. glad i was at a load event because i screamed. lol
Old 02-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

Paladin_202 is just getting started

I firmly believe this is the nature of anything electrical/mechanical. They'll always do odd stuff all on their own, with no interference from the user...

Last edited by Paladin_202; 02-07-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i got one for ya, i always use spb backup first off. sitting a hockey game and phone is on ny lap and reboots itself? i watch the process and i see the green screen show and i removed that then the words tap screen to begain show. wtf, hard reset all by itself? not a big problem, my backup is good to go, wrong, every app. cab everything was gone. glad i was at a load event because i screamed. lol
Yea, My phone has done that with a rom (Ivan black) and one from a kitchen. It could freeze to a black screen. Be unresponcive, then when I would soft-reset it, and would freeze on the Logo screen, then I would soft reset it, and what do you know, It Hard reset itself. DOH!

Im using dream 1.2, and it has been super stable, and fast.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Spring

Addicted23 is a n00b

Never trust this phone for anything important.

It's a toy with lots and lots of bugs.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

therookielot is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to therookielot Send a message via Skype™ to therookielot

haha I have my phone on automatic, so it goes on vibrates during appointments. Well I set work as an appointment so it has been going to vibrate automatically.

Well I must have hit one of the volume up or down buttons on the side at one point of the day, cuz when I was on a call(work phone) with a client, my cell phone goes off. Now, my ringtones are usually hardcore or ridiculous songs so it was sorta embarassing when "WHO YOU F***ING NOW?!!?!" goes off in the middle of the office. LUCKILY my boss is on vacation this week cuz her cube is diagnol from me.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:06 AM
Lurker

ryangorney is a n00b

I have had the hard reset problem twice. Any ideas what is causing it? How much do you backup with Sprite? All settings? Does that work for Exchange/mail settings as well?
Old 03-25-2009, 09:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

A cheap alarm clock by the side of the bed with an internal battery backup never fails me

That's just too much crap to change every night... I'm lazy I just hit vibrate when I go to work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro