PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

DSGamer is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Went to bed last night with my battery at 70%, woke up this morning to a dead battery

Any clue what could have caused this? Is there something that's known to cause this in terms of software or a tweak? I have a Sprint ROM, not many things installed, so it's pretty clean. I'm puzzled. I installed SPB Mobile Shell, the fixn stuff that shows batteries as percentages and I have the phone checking two google gmail accounts ever hour.
PDA/Smartphone History: Casio Cassiopeia A-10 -> HP Jornada 430 -> HP Jornada 720 -> HP Joranda 545 -> HP Jornada 720 -> Compaq iPaq 3760 -> Palm m130 -> Palm Zire 31 -> Sharp Zaurus SL-5500 -> Palm m130 -> Palm Centro -> HTC Touch Pro -> T-Mobile G1 -> HTC Touch Pro -> Palm Centro -> HTC Touch Pro
Old 02-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

princejv26 is a n00b
Re: Went to bed last night with my battery at 70%, woke up this morning to a dead bat

Same issue over here. Sometimes I take off touchflo 3d from the today screen, lets just face it we're dealing with bad batteries. My Mogul never did this to me.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:17 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck
Re: Went to bed last night with my battery at 70%, woke up this morning to a dead bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSGamer View Post
Any clue what could have caused this? Is there something that's known to cause this in terms of software or a tweak? I have a Sprint ROM, not many things installed, so it's pretty clean. I'm puzzled. I installed SPB Mobile Shell, the fixn stuff that shows batteries as percentages and I have the phone checking two google gmail accounts ever hour.
I have found better battery performance with the custom ROMs. If you do not want to move to a custom ROM there are a few battery tweeks.

Lastly, are you download attachments with you Gmail accounts?

Old 02-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuff

What is your signal strength where you are? If you have a poor signal and your TP keeps having to look for service, it can use up your battery very quickly. I have one grocery store near me that I get very poor signal quality inside and I have had my battery drop 30% while I'm in the store.

If it continues to happen, You may also want to want to run a program like dotfred's task manager. It will let you see what programs are active and how much memory they are using...just in case something is chewing up a lot more CPU than it's supposed to.

And, if it had been a while since your last soft reset when this happened, it may be that some program didn't fully close and was still using resources.

Otherwise, welcome to life with a Touch Pro

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro