PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 11:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83
No Cutting wires diy tv out for free

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbwI3a9A3SI

Top pic is the easy DIY

Bottom is the modded audio adapter I Didn't have super glue to put it back looking stock. Lil black elec tape will do for now.

Enjoy

Mods feel free to place in the right section. This DIY does not involve cutting or removing any pins the adapter stays 100% stock and retains all other headset features like on the mini jack and on the HTC prop headset jack. You can still use it with regular headphones it will just pop up on the screen tv out wich you can dismiss.

I have a video i put up on youtube showing my mod and it working i just don't have the right video cable bcmy screen rolls like a bad vcr. I don't think my archos video cable is compatible i think there ground is diff or something.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83
Re: No Cutting wires diy tv out for free

Forgot to add that I would have figured this out a lot sooner but i just came from a Mogul to Touch Pro via advanced exchange for $55 bux mogul is on its way back to sprint )-: welcome home Touch Pro (-:
Old 02-07-2009, 12:57 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Pocket PC: Supercharged EVO with 3000mah of boost!!

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP

The mod of bending the pin has been discussed many times before. Its the original DIY mod actually, before cutting the wire

Modding phones and modding Mustangs..
My white Evo with a black battery door is SEXY!!
Old 02-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Skelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

where are the component cables at to plug it in?
Old 02-07-2009, 04:12 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Pocket PC: Supercharged EVO with 3000mah of boost!!

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP

You can use camcorder or ipod cables
Old 02-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

All the ones that I have read did not discuss this although I am new to this side of the forums. Coming from a mogul that's where I spent most of my forum time. I have only grazed the TP forums in hopes one day I might get a TP. Well that day came thursday morning BNIB with spare battery.

This can be merged with another thread if it already posts about the bending of the pin listed as the only one i have seen mentioned was the pin on the connector that goes into the phone not a pin touching the video cable.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

crazyon2wheels is just getting started

Well I already did the wire cut but by reading this I realized I no longer have to add a switch since regular headphones still work
Old 02-08-2009, 03:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

yes the 3.5 jack will still work for headphones it will just pop up for tv out but u can dismiss that. You won't be able to use the smaller 2.5 or htc headphone jack anymore bc the headset won't be detected sense the blue wire does not ground out, htc's method of knowing a headset is plugged in. My choice only effects the 3.5mm jack all the others work like normal.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

What video cables are known to work with this hack aor any of the tv out hacks as mine is detected just the image on the tv looks like a pay channel on cable thats scrambled. I was hoping to use my Archos video out cable it has the red yellow and white. I might just end up rewiring it to work if i can find the wiring config for the htc scheme, I have seen videos with the zune cables working so i might just be a able to use that wiring. If anyone knows the wiring config please post. If i find it i will post with my results.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

scoobdude is just getting started

archos cables are different. forgot what changed, but i think the switched the ground with video or something like that.

Now for my question, how do i open this stupid adaptor????

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro