PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 04:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Pro baby
Carrier: Sprint

hammodie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC is a disappointment Touch Pro review

Oh wow were do i start with the Pro... well the first day i got the phone is worked great for about a week or so and then the problems started piling up.
1. battery of course halfway through the day and my phone already needs re-charging!
2. the actual speaker is very low, and the volume hard key gets stuck all the time and the screen will not stop flashing between dial pad and ringer pad.
3. Became extremely slow after a while navigating thru programs and even trying to close programs down. The phone also shuts it self off when it feels like it and most of the time i don't realize this until i come to make a phone call, i have been missing phone calls left and right because this phone constantly shuts itself off and this becoming so annoying having to deal with it.

I only have one sensorlock installed on here and before that install if was acting up anyways. i got this phone last month and already the battery case is starting to loose its color fading into somewhat violet color .....wow

I don't know if this is a lemon or what but honestly I am very disappointed with this phone, i ran away from my mogul to something worse. This phone is pretty on the outside but full of problems on the inside and it just might be my last HTC i purchase tsk tsk ...... Theres more problems but i think i would need to write a book with them all ....... how do u guys feel about this phone?? Is it just this one or are they are going to start doing this soon??

Last edited by Big D5; 02-08-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:08 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Re: HTC is a disapointment

All easily fixed with a custom rom!
Old 02-07-2009, 04:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro

thundrbird1 is keeping up the good workthundrbird1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammodie View Post
Oh wow were do i start with the Pro... well the first day i got the phone is worked great for about a week or so and then the problems started piling up.
1. battery of course halfway through the day and my phone already needs re-charging!
2. the actual speaker is very low, and the volume hard key gets stuck all the time and the screen will not stop flashing between dial pad and ringer pad.
3. Became extremely slow after a while navigating thru programs and even trying to close programs down. The phone also shuts it self off when it feels like it and most of the time i don't realize this until i come to make a phone call, i have been missing phone calls left and right because this phone constantly shuts itself off and this becoming so annoying having to deal with it.

I only have one sensorlock installed on here and before that install if was acting up anyways. i got this phone last month and already the battery case is starting to loose its color fading into somewhat violet color .....wow

I don't know if this is a lemon or what but honestly I am very disappointed with this phone, i ran away from my mogul to something worse. This phone is pretty on the outside but full of problems on the inside and it just might be my last HTC i purchase tsk tsk ...... Theres more problems but i think i would need to write a book with them all ....... how do u guys feel about this phone?? Is it just this one or are they are going to start doing this soon??
The stock rom makes it suck But flash it with a custom rom ie: Mighty Mike and you'll retract everything you said
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro and HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

millertime2382 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to millertime2382 Send a message via Yahoo to millertime2382

Yeah I tried a custom rom about a month ago its a world of difference.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Pro baby
Threadstarter

hammodie is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrbird1 View Post
The stock rom makes it suck But flash it with a custom rom ie: Mighty Mike and you'll retract everything you said

Yah i guess new rom is one way to go but i wish just for once something would work the way it was made to work and why didnt htc put more thought into this phone it would have made a world of diiffrence.. what rom you guys using??
Old 02-07-2009, 04:35 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

MightyROM almost universally.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52695

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

GTO1988 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to GTO1988 Send a message via MSN to GTO1988

+1 For Mighty ROM 4.9.4

Home:

Old 02-07-2009, 04:54 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

for the battery cover issue...you should chk out the thread about the dye job for your touch pro cover. I'm about to clear coat one of my green ones and see how it turns out!!
Old 02-07-2009, 06:52 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

Quote:

sorry, i think maybe u should just switch to a different phone, maybe the razr, those seem like pretty good "phonz". if thats not what you wanna do i would reccomend you switch to a new rom, since its not the one HTC provided from the start, its the one your carrier wanted you to have. and your case changing colors sounds like a reason to bring it back to the shop. but thats just my 2 cents.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Casiopeia E100,Sprint Apache,Sprint TP,TP2,EVO

housinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Yah i guess new rom is one way to go but i wish just for once something would work the way it was made to work and why didnt htc put more thought into this phone it would have made a world of diiffrence.. what rom you guys using??

Its not really HTCs fault, more Sprints lack of developing a good ROM for it. That why we all put custom ROMs on our phones. You'll really like your phone once you do it.

I really like MightMikes Mighty ROM, but I am personally running KK's Loaded ROM. Its is loaded with tons cool apps to try out, if thats your thing. But for speed, go with Mighty.

--housinit
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro