PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 04:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: Sprint

airibis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to airibis
Today the battery life was amazing.. possible solution?

Ever since getting the TP last week; I have griped over the battery life.

today however is a different story. Its 3am (est), and I last charged my phone 19 hours ago (pulled it off the charger at 7am) and some how I still have 80% battery left.

I browsed the internet today, talked no more and no less than I typically do, even had the GPS running for a good 40 mins. Texted, streamed youtube..... and yet its still at roughly 80% (even did a soft reset to make sure its displaying the correct battery amount)

for the past few days, I would do the same stuff, one of the days I only made a 6 min phone call and that was it (no net, no gps, no txting)

however all of those days I would drop to about 10% at least 2 times in one single day.

The only thing I have changed since then was, I replaced the Sprint tf3d with the original HTC one (the 900+ .dll files you move to your windows directory)

Not sure how that would have any effect on the battery life, but I hope this keeps up .

Anyone have an opinion on what it could be? and maybe find a way for others to have these results.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

acizurqpid is a n00b
Re: Today the battery life was amazing.. possible solution?

can you post the link to the thread containing the original htc touch flo?
Old 02-07-2009, 09:28 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

dumping tf3d is probably your answer. breaking the battery will also make a diff. mainly tf3d. for the above poster, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42150

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 02-07-2009 at 09:31 AM.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:49 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

You didn't happen to also install a 3000mah battery did you?

Seriously that's impossible. 19 hours @ 1%/hour just for standby would be 19% drain, putting you @ 81% battery if you did nothing at all (with the stock battery, of course.)

GPS for 40 minutes... well that's 40 minutes of talk time battery-cost wise for sure. So that right there is 22% of your battery. Plus 20% standby puts you at 58% battery... plus whatever else you used. Yep, it's either a bogus battery display, or you forgot you charged it

I did my rundown test yesterday - resisting the urge to top off , and after 14 hours off charger, normal *light* use, I came in at 52% (From my logs...)

2009-02-06 07:12:48 - Bat: 100
2009-02-06 21:27:03 - Bat: 52

So that was 14 hours and change.

If anyone wants to test the TF3d hypothesis, just turn off TF3d and run it with some other today plugin instead, and check your battery life for the day. I'm willing to believe TF3d might cost <.5%/hour in extra battery drain. but it's not causing all of it. Even if it was 0 cost, no way you could go with even just that usage on a single charge and be @ 80% on the stock battery.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!
Carrier: Sprint

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Man, I was about to say! I was like wow my battery really sucks!
Old 02-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

these batteries are a crap shoot. some days you'll get decent battery life, others a lot less. i just carry around my extras just in case.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro