PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

Beejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mac and TP won't recognize each other!

Everything was fine and dandy with the two at one time. I'd plug the USB to the back of my mac and the other end to my TP and exchange .cab by .cab and sometimes pics and yada yada yada then one day I try and plug them together again and they won't recognize each other correctly.

It use to show on my TP what to sync with after I plugged in it, activesync or disk drive. I always selected disk drive then it would show up on the mac and I would do my thing. Now all it does is show that it is charging, nothing else.

Does anyone know of a fix so they will be in love once again?
Old 02-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Mac and TP won't recognize each other!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejis View Post
Everything was fine and dandy with the two at one time. I'd plug the USB to the back of my mac and the other end to my TP and exchange .cab by .cab and sometimes pics and yada yada yada then one day I try and plug them together again and they won't recognize each other correctly.

It use to show on my TP what to sync with after I plugged in it, activesync or disk drive. I always selected disk drive then it would show up on the mac and I would do my thing. Now all it does is show that it is charging, nothing else.

Does anyone know of a fix so they will be in love once again?
wow its pretty rare to find a mac user with a TP haha, that said I'm not sure how many people can help you, but it would certainly be interesting to find out.

I'm not sure how our fellow geekers will take to this inter-operatingsystem relationship, hahaha
Old 02-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Beejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
wow its pretty rare to find a mac user with a TP haha, that said I'm not sure how many people can help you, but it would certainly be interesting to find out.

I'm not sure how our fellow geekers will take to this inter-operatingsystem relationship, hahaha
LOL, the mac is not by choice. My PC is in storage but I don't have access to it just yet (in the process of moving). So I have to settle with my dads mac.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Reboot both devices.

Go to Start -> Settings -> Connections -> USB to PC, is the bottom "Ask me first blah blah blah " checked? If not, check it. You can set the default from ActiveSync to Disk Drive too if you prefer.

BTW I've been using Mac and PocketPC/WM phones for years myself.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedusa View Post
Reboot both devices.

Go to Start -> Settings -> Connections -> USB to PC, is the bottom "Ask me first blah blah blah " checked? If not, check it. You can set the default from ActiveSync to Disk Drive too if you prefer.

BTW I've been using Mac and PocketPC/WM phones for years myself.
I've tried that and it is checked. I've used all the USB ports in the back of the mac and none of them want to work. It use to be everytime I connected them it would ask me which I want, activesync or disk drive, and it would also open iPhoto or whatever on the mac (was annoying and didn't know how to disable it).

I have even hard reset my TP thinking it could be the TP acting up or whatever and mulitple hard resets didn't do anything. So I'm thinking it is the mac but I'm still not for certain.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejis View Post
I've tried that and it is checked. I've used all the USB ports in the back of the mac and none of them want to work. It use to be everytime I connected them it would ask me which I want, activesync or disk drive, and it would also open iPhoto or whatever on the mac (was annoying and didn't know how to disable it).

I have even hard reset my TP thinking it could be the TP acting up or whatever and mulitple hard resets didn't do anything. So I'm thinking it is the mac but I'm still not for certain.
Try a different USB cable, sometimes it happens to me too, but after reboot either devices or trying a new cable, it does the trick.

As for iPhoto popping up is because the SD Card in the TP has a "DCIM" folder. By default digital camera uses that and the OS X thinks you plugged in a camera so... look into the iPhoto's preferences and see if you can disable that.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedusa View Post
Try a different USB cable, sometimes it happens to me too, but after reboot either devices or trying a new cable, it does the trick.

As for iPhoto popping up is because the SD Card in the TP has a "DCIM" folder. By default digital camera uses that and the OS X thinks you plugged in a camera so... look into the iPhoto's preferences and see if you can disable that.
I'll try it with a new cable. Oh and thanks for the crazy iPhoto trick, I'll be happy when they are compatible again without the love triangle that is iPhoto! Just to be sure (not too familiar with macs) how do I disable it?
Old 02-04-2009, 09:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

kilen is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to kilen

Also make sure the "advanced network functionality" under settings>connections>usb to pc is unchecked.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro