PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 07:14 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Unhappy Contact Help

I just got a new Touch Pro in the mail and I am trying to sync it to my Home PC so I can transfer the contacts from my old Touch Pro to the new one.. Long story short I was not able to do so..
I thought to re-download Active Sync from Microsoft, which was working fine, until I realized that, upon connecting my old Touch Pro to it, I forgot to change the setting so that all the info on the computer is replaced, not the default setting of all contacts on phone being replaced... So all the contacts on my old Touch Pro are gone, and my new Touch Pro does not have any of them..

Any help would be great... I was able to save a copy of the good PIM.vol from my old Touch Pro onto my computer before I happened to wipe everything.. I tried copying it over, but there is an error doing so..
Old 02-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuff
Re: Contact Help

Big D, are you using XP on your pc? If so, if all the contacts on your pc were written over when you used active sync, go into system tools\system restore on your pc and look for a restore point before you installed the new active sync from MS. There are normally system checkpoints created regularly and with any software install. Just restore your pc to a time before the active sync install, and hopefully your contacts will reappear.

PIM.vol is on of those files you can't delete but you may be able to rename it using total commander and then dump the copy in.

For future use, try PIMbackup. I use it and have it set to backup every night at 2 AM so this can't ever happen again (lost my contacts once...very frustrating!).

Last edited by dtndvm; 02-04-2009 at 07:42 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Threadstarter

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Contact Help

Yes, I am using XP.. I will look for that restore point and try using Total Commander... Good idea dtn.. Thanks!

Issue resolved using Total Commander.. Renamed PIM.vol on phone to PIM.old and then copied PIM.vol on computer to device

Last edited by BigDiesel07; 02-04-2009 at 08:06 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro