PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 01:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Cricket

loc37 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Esn change do I have to change the epst settings?

I have a htc Touch Pro flashed to cricket. I had it for a while and now I am planning to sell the phone. When I sell the phone do I have to change the EPST settings to match their phone or will the ESN change to Cricket do all that?

Thanks for your response,

LOc37
Old 02-15-2009, 09:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

payhayes is a n00b
Re: Esn change do I have to change the epst settings?

loc, I'm not 100% sure I understand the question. Are you asking if you have to change the PRL if the ESN is changed to something on your buyer's network? Does your buyer also have Cricket? Let me know because I'm not clear on what you mean.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:35 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

If you want to sell it to a Sprint customer, change the settings to what it was when you purchased it...

If you want to sell it to a Cricket customer, keep the settings as they are...

Old 02-15-2009, 01:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Q, PPC-6700, PPC-6800, PPC-6900
Carrier: Alltel, and Cricket

midiology is keeping up the good workmidiology is keeping up the good work

crickets otap cannot update epst properly, so the phone will have to be otap'd first then edit the epst settings
Old 11-25-2009, 08:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Dash 3G (T-Mobile)
Carrier: T-Mobile

ggfb20 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to ggfb20 Send a message via Yahoo to ggfb20 Send a message via Skype™ to ggfb20

I did the same thing, flashed my sprint touch pro to cricket and now need to switch it back to sprint. I already changed the rom back to sprint I just need the pst/radio/prl/esn and stuff to be back to sprint. I still have the original dec and esn from behind the battery and I think i still have the box as well. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

viper15c is a n00b

be advised.... you WILL NEVER have to change the esn to goto another network. period. it is illegal and if you are caught changing the esn you WILL face jailtime, fines from the government and wont be allowed to own a cellphone for a very longtime. all you have to change are the prl and the epst settings.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper15c View Post
be advised.... you WILL NEVER have to change the esn to goto another network. period. it is illegal and if you are caught changing the esn you WILL face jailtime, fines from the government and wont be allowed to own a cellphone for a very longtime. all you have to change are the prl and the epst settings.
+1 about being illegal, download the stock rom from here and PRL @(corolada.com)

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 11-26-2009, 02:05 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Yes, aside from it being illeagal, it is also not allowed to be talked about on PPCGeeks.
Thank you for your cooperation in following the rules...
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:16 PM
Lurker

ggfb20 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to ggfb20 Send a message via Yahoo to ggfb20 Send a message via Skype™ to ggfb20

I apologize, I did not mean to say that I wanted to change the esn, I'm just trying to get all of the epst settings back to sprint default. I have already put the default rom back on the phone, and I have tried carrier cabs, I have also manually loaded prls fromo corolada but noting seems to work, in fact the epst settings still show the cricket settings. I believe the signal is picking up sprint towers because evdo shows and the touch pro cannot get evdo on tri band here in el paso. Is there anyway I can can the epst settings back to default so I can have sprint reactivate it on their network? When I try dialing *2 a message says that "the number or code I have dialed is incorrect, please try dialing again." if it were a sprint message it would let me speak to customer service. I have tried searching this forum for anything and everything that can help me. I appreciate all the advice given, thanks.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:55 AM
Lurker

ggfb20 is a n00b

if possible can someone post all of the original Sprint EPST settings so I can manually set them. I have tried almost everything in the book from re-flashing, using stock roms, switching the radios, nothing has worked thus far and I am anxious to get the phone back on sprint network. When i dial *2 i get this weird message stating that "the number or code I have dialed is incorrect, please try dialing again.". When I ##778# it still shows all of the cricket settings in the EPST menus. Is there a way to make it just as when I had it from sprint w/o re-locking it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro