PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Esn change do I have to change the epst settings? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56236)

loc37 02-04-2009 01:43 AM

Esn change do I have to change the epst settings?

I have a htc Touch Pro flashed to cricket. I had it for a while and now I am planning to sell the phone. When I sell the phone do I have to change the EPST settings to match their phone or will the ESN change to Cricket do all that?

Thanks for your response,

LOc37

payhayes 02-15-2009 09:54 AM

Re: Esn change do I have to change the epst settings?

loc, I'm not 100% sure I understand the question. Are you asking if you have to change the PRL if the ESN is changed to something on your buyer's network? Does your buyer also have Cricket? Let me know because I'm not clear on what you mean.

MadlyAlive 02-15-2009 12:35 PM

If you want to sell it to a Sprint customer, change the settings to what it was when you purchased it...

If you want to sell it to a Cricket customer, keep the settings as they are...

midiology 02-15-2009 01:43 PM

crickets otap cannot update epst properly, so the phone will have to be otap'd first then edit the epst settings

ggfb20 11-25-2009 08:00 PM

I did the same thing, flashed my sprint touch pro to cricket and now need to switch it back to sprint. I already changed the rom back to sprint I just need the pst/radio/prl/esn and stuff to be back to sprint. I still have the original dec and esn from behind the battery and I think i still have the box as well. Any help would be appreciated.

viper15c 11-26-2009 12:18 AM

be advised.... you WILL NEVER have to change the esn to goto another network. period. it is illegal and if you are caught changing the esn you WILL face jailtime, fines from the government and wont be allowed to own a cellphone for a very longtime. all you have to change are the prl and the epst settings.

pimpsuprazx 11-26-2009 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper15c (Post 1363424)
be advised.... you WILL NEVER have to change the esn to goto another network. period. it is illegal and if you are caught changing the esn you WILL face jailtime, fines from the government and wont be allowed to own a cellphone for a very longtime. all you have to change are the prl and the epst settings.

+1 about being illegal, download the stock rom from here and PRL @(corolada.com)

MordyT 11-26-2009 02:05 AM

Yes, aside from it being illeagal, it is also not allowed to be talked about on PPCGeeks.
Thank you for your cooperation in following the rules...

ggfb20 11-27-2009 03:16 PM

I apologize, I did not mean to say that I wanted to change the esn, I'm just trying to get all of the epst settings back to sprint default. I have already put the default rom back on the phone, and I have tried carrier cabs, I have also manually loaded prls fromo corolada but noting seems to work, in fact the epst settings still show the cricket settings. I believe the signal is picking up sprint towers because evdo shows and the touch pro cannot get evdo on tri band here in el paso. Is there anyway I can can the epst settings back to default so I can have sprint reactivate it on their network? When I try dialing *2 a message says that "the number or code I have dialed is incorrect, please try dialing again." if it were a sprint message it would let me speak to customer service. I have tried searching this forum for anything and everything that can help me. I appreciate all the advice given, thanks.

ggfb20 12-02-2009 06:55 AM

if possible can someone post all of the original Sprint EPST settings so I can manually set them. I have tried almost everything in the book from re-flashing, using stock roms, switching the radios, nothing has worked thus far and I am anxious to get the phone back on sprint network. When i dial *2 i get this weird message stating that "the number or code I have dialed is incorrect, please try dialing again.". When I ##778# it still shows all of the cricket settings in the EPST menus. Is there a way to make it just as when I had it from sprint w/o re-locking it?

Unknown Zone 12-02-2009 10:47 AM

Have you even tried calling tech support on a reg phone since *2 does not work yet and tell them what you are trying to do just talk to them nice, I am pretty sure they will help you out and give you all that info since you are trying to get the phone back on the sprint network.

Solid-State 02-05-2010 04:06 PM

I wish to purchase a Telus Touch Pro 2 and use it with Bell. Is this possible without an ESN charge as I refuse to do that due to illegal nature. I have much experience with PPC 6700 that last three years and buildos so I'm no luddite I just never messed with this aspect of the smartphones.

Hotcakes0007 02-05-2010 05:50 PM

I cant get my epst setting to save when i change can anyone give me some input on that?

whitey10tc 02-05-2010 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid-State (Post 1543922)
I wish to purchase a Telus Touch Pro 2 and use it with Bell. Is this possible without an ESN charge as I refuse to do that due to illegal nature. I have much experience with PPC 6700 that last three years and buildos so I'm no luddite I just never messed with this aspect of the smartphones.

An ESN change is not illegal, it is something that is carrier/phone lingo when you change handsets on the account. Cloning is illegal and probably what you are thinking.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotcakes0007 (Post 1544206)
I cant get my epst setting to save when i change can anyone give me some input on that?

What setting aren't sticking the HDR and PPP username and passwords in security, the MDN, the banner name, what setting? and how are you saving them?

Hotcakes0007 02-05-2010 10:08 PM

trying to get internet to work so i go into user1 profile and put my phone number@metropcs.com and hit save and when the phone resets it goes right back to the stock sprint one.

whitey10tc 02-06-2010 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotcakes0007 (Post 1544801)
trying to get internet to work so i go into user1 profile and put my phone number@metropcs.com and hit save and when the phone resets it goes right back to the stock sprint one.

That sucks, there is only 1 100% cure for that reflash the sprint shipped ROM and DO NOT ALLOW customization to run. After that you can edit your EPST and find a good custom ROM load it up drop in a carrier and WAP/MMS cab for Metro and you should be good. I would not recommend using the Sprint ROM or you'll have problems.
DO NOT ALLOW CUSTOMIZATION TO RUN OR YOU WILL BE SORRY! You will loose all your setting including PRL and the SPC will reset.

pimpsuprazx 02-08-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotcakes0007 (Post 1544801)

you either need a custom rom or delete the guardian file.

mastahc411 02-08-2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper15c (Post 1363424)

You misunderstand the law, changing an esn is legal as long you arent trying to clone someone else's phone for malicious purposes. You own the phone and you are well within your legal rights to do what ever you want to it. Its the same as putting custom firmware on a psp, its not illegal to change sony's code to play homebrew apps, its illegal when you do it to pirate games.

And to the OP of this thread, read this site http://www.mobile-files.com/forum/sh...d.php?p=643196

EDIT: I understand its frowned upon to talk about esn changes here, but as far as the legality of it (or lack thereof) , someone please post a link to the law or some sort of case precedent that shows its illegal no matter what. I think most people on this site just regurgitate the same stuff that everyone else says about it being illegal without knowing any hard facts

mastahc411 02-08-2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggfb20 (Post 1379255)
if possible can someone post all of the original Sprint EPST settings so I can manually set them. I have tried almost everything in the book from re-flashing, using stock roms, switching the radios, nothing has worked thus far and I am anxious to get the phone back on sprint network. When i dial *2 i get this weird message stating that "the number or code I have dialed is incorrect, please try dialing again.". When I ##778# it still shows all of the cricket settings in the EPST menus. Is there a way to make it just as when I had it from sprint w/o re-locking it?

Sorry about the double post, but you could always flash back to stock rom, get the msl with bafmsl, press ##786# and then hit reset and enter the msl code. it will hard reset and reset all the epst settings back to what it came from the factory and it will reprogram all of its sprint settings by itself

Hotcakes0007 02-08-2010 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx (Post 1550269)
you either need a custom rom or delete the guardian file.

where can i find that file?

whitey10tc 02-09-2010 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mastahc411 (Post 1550465)
You misunderstand the law, changing an esn is legal as long you arent trying to clone someone else's phone for malicious purposes. You own the phone and you are well within your legal rights to do what ever you want to it. Its the same as putting custom firmware on a psp, its not illegal to change sony's code to play homebrew apps, its illegal when you do it to pirate games.

And to the OP of this thread, read this site http://www.mobile-files.com/forum/sh...d.php?p=643196

EDIT: I understand its frowned upon to talk about esn changes here, but as far as the legality of it (or lack thereof) , someone please post a link to the law or some sort of case precedent that shows its illegal no matter what. I think most people on this site just regurgitate the same stuff that everyone else says about it being illegal without knowing any hard facts

First off the link you provided above is dead and has been for going on 3 weeks. mobile-files.com is dead and gone by by!
But I have a link to the ussc publication cl*ning.PDF is a very helpful link about why all cl*n*ing is against the law. It doesn't not matter if you own both devices. Send me a PM with your email and I'll send it to anyone. I will not post or PM it here because the information in it is against forum policy and I respect that.

Vxixz 02-16-2010 02:49 PM

just to add to this NEVER CHANGE THE ESN. !!!! its like the MAC address of the phone. When the phone is activated if the ESN dosen't match the MEID on the back of the phone then they wont activate it and will consider it stolen. Only settings youd need to change are done by the carrier NAM and such. PRL should be fine , if not they can easily upload or obtain the correct one.