PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Esn change do I have to change the epst settings? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56236)

loc37 02-04-2009 01:43 AM

Esn change do I have to change the epst settings?

I have a htc Touch Pro flashed to cricket. I had it for a while and now I am planning to sell the phone. When I sell the phone do I have to change the EPST settings to match their phone or will the ESN change to Cricket do all that?

Thanks for your response,

LOc37

payhayes 02-15-2009 09:54 AM

Re: Esn change do I have to change the epst settings?

loc, I'm not 100% sure I understand the question. Are you asking if you have to change the PRL if the ESN is changed to something on your buyer's network? Does your buyer also have Cricket? Let me know because I'm not clear on what you mean.

MadlyAlive 02-15-2009 12:35 PM

If you want to sell it to a Sprint customer, change the settings to what it was when you purchased it...

If you want to sell it to a Cricket customer, keep the settings as they are...

midiology 02-15-2009 01:43 PM

crickets otap cannot update epst properly, so the phone will have to be otap'd first then edit the epst settings

ggfb20 11-25-2009 08:00 PM

I did the same thing, flashed my sprint touch pro to cricket and now need to switch it back to sprint. I already changed the rom back to sprint I just need the pst/radio/prl/esn and stuff to be back to sprint. I still have the original dec and esn from behind the battery and I think i still have the box as well. Any help would be appreciated.

viper15c 11-26-2009 12:18 AM

be advised.... you WILL NEVER have to change the esn to goto another network. period. it is illegal and if you are caught changing the esn you WILL face jailtime, fines from the government and wont be allowed to own a cellphone for a very longtime. all you have to change are the prl and the epst settings.

pimpsuprazx 11-26-2009 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper15c (Post 1363424)
be advised.... you WILL NEVER have to change the esn to goto another network. period. it is illegal and if you are caught changing the esn you WILL face jailtime, fines from the government and wont be allowed to own a cellphone for a very longtime. all you have to change are the prl and the epst settings.

+1 about being illegal, download the stock rom from here and PRL @(corolada.com)

MordyT 11-26-2009 02:05 AM

Yes, aside from it being illeagal, it is also not allowed to be talked about on PPCGeeks.
Thank you for your cooperation in following the rules...

ggfb20 11-27-2009 03:16 PM

I apologize, I did not mean to say that I wanted to change the esn, I'm just trying to get all of the epst settings back to sprint default. I have already put the default rom back on the phone, and I have tried carrier cabs, I have also manually loaded prls fromo corolada but noting seems to work, in fact the epst settings still show the cricket settings. I believe the signal is picking up sprint towers because evdo shows and the touch pro cannot get evdo on tri band here in el paso. Is there anyway I can can the epst settings back to default so I can have sprint reactivate it on their network? When I try dialing *2 a message says that "the number or code I have dialed is incorrect, please try dialing again." if it were a sprint message it would let me speak to customer service. I have tried searching this forum for anything and everything that can help me. I appreciate all the advice given, thanks.

ggfb20 12-02-2009 06:55 AM

if possible can someone post all of the original Sprint EPST settings so I can manually set them. I have tried almost everything in the book from re-flashing, using stock roms, switching the radios, nothing has worked thus far and I am anxious to get the phone back on sprint network. When i dial *2 i get this weird message stating that "the number or code I have dialed is incorrect, please try dialing again.". When I ##778# it still shows all of the cricket settings in the EPST menus. Is there a way to make it just as when I had it from sprint w/o re-locking it?