PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 01:09 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Esn change do I have to change the epst settings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastahc411 View Post
You misunderstand the law, changing an esn is legal as long you arent trying to clone someone else's phone for malicious purposes. You own the phone and you are well within your legal rights to do what ever you want to it. Its the same as putting custom firmware on a psp, its not illegal to change sony's code to play homebrew apps, its illegal when you do it to pirate games.

And to the OP of this thread, read this site http://www.mobile-files.com/forum/sh...d.php?p=643196

EDIT: I understand its frowned upon to talk about esn changes here, but as far as the legality of it (or lack thereof) , someone please post a link to the law or some sort of case precedent that shows its illegal no matter what. I think most people on this site just regurgitate the same stuff that everyone else says about it being illegal without knowing any hard facts
First off the link you provided above is dead and has been for going on 3 weeks. mobile-files.com is dead and gone by by!
But I have a link to the ussc publication cl*ning.PDF is a very helpful link about why all cl*n*ing is against the law. It doesn't not matter if you own both devices. Send me a PM with your email and I'll send it to anyone. I will not post or PM it here because the information in it is against forum policy and I respect that.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: TBaytel

Vxixz is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Vxixz
Re: Esn change do I have to change the epst settings?

just to add to this NEVER CHANGE THE ESN. !!!! its like the MAC address of the phone. When the phone is activated if the ESN dosen't match the MEID on the back of the phone then they wont activate it and will consider it stolen. Only settings youd need to change are done by the carrier NAM and such. PRL should be fine , if not they can easily upload or obtain the correct one.
Don't forget to hit THANKS if i helped!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro