PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2009, 10:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

SWA69 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
error installing NET 3.5

I tried to install in both device/storage card but it keeps saying and error. Any help?
Old 02-06-2009, 10:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

slpintern is becoming a great contributor
Re: error installing NET 3.5

Are you installing with a .cab? If so, I would recommend trying a different one, there are plenty posted around the forums. If you are using a PC install file to auto install through Active Sync, make sure you have the correct one, you need NET CF 3.5 not NET 3.5, difference being Compact Framework.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

tom6433 is keeping up the good worktom6433 is keeping up the good work

i too received an error when installing net 3.5 on JD's new 7.2 rom. it gave me an error but then it seemed to finish the install. did yours not finish? mine said something like it didn't have enough resources or something and to close other apps. it was the only thing running so i am not sure why it woudl give me that error.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: cellular south

phonics2 is becoming a great contributor

make sure your installing the mobile version not the pc version. get it from the access powered website.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

SWA69 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom6433 View Post
i too received an error when installing net 3.5 on JD's new 7.2 rom. it gave me an error but then it seemed to finish the install. did yours not finish? mine said something like it didn't have enough resources or something and to close other apps. it was the only thing running so i am not sure why it woudl give me that error.
Yup mine is saying that.

"Installation error. Stop all applications and processes, maximize available storage space, and run installation again. Support info: 3."
Old 02-06-2009, 05:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

just a suggestion. Maybe net3.5 is cooked into the ROM already
Old 02-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Try this version if its not already installed in your ROM
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...8&d=1228010207

fyi this version is to install on phone not with pc. Install to phone not storage card.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:07 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

jdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuff

F.Y.I, most custom roms have 3.5 cooked in already. You may be having a problem launching a program (like i did) and it says you need a version of .net cf to run the program, so you think you need to install it right? If this is the case try deleting the program folder off your sd card(go to storage card/program files/and whatever program your having a problem running and delete the folder for that program and try re-installing the program. Worked for me. In my case I had the stock sprint rom before installing K.K s rom, when i tried to run W.V.D it said a need a version of .net cf to run the program, so since I didnt start installing all my cabs, I just deleted the old programs files stores on my sd card. Not sure If this is the case for you, but just a thought.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

ehih is a n00b

Is it possible to identify somewhere in settings what version is already installed on the phone ?
Old 02-19-2009, 04:19 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

jdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuff

You can see through activesync's add/remove programs, or something called netcf config program. Keep in mind thats only if it is not cooked into the rom already.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro