PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bds120 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Let me be the First to say Touch Pro + Blueant V1 = "THE ABSOLUTE BEST"

I am writing to inform anyone who is lost between headsets. I have had many different ones including the latest Jawbone 2.

Jawbone 2 sound quality and all was great but I constantly received people saying "YOU KEEP GOING IN AND OUT". Jawbone comes with ear tips and different hooks but can still not fit correctly. The jawbone is built to fit a certain way and if it does not then FORGET ABOUT THE GOOD CLEAR TALK CONVERSATION.

Sooo......I sold my Jawbone 2 and bought a BlueAnt V1 with the voice command technology. I must say, hands down....BLUEANT all the way. Voice quality sound is great on both ends. And man and/or woman....lol.....the voice command works flawless. Command listens great and works on first try and the feature to answer or ignore the call by just saying answer or ignore is awesome.

Fit & Comfort are awsome. The ear hook bends to fit all ears and it comes with 2 rubber ear tips as well as 2 molding foam tips which fit snug in the ear.

Let me just say it like this people....BLUEANT IS THE GREATEST, AND IT WORKS FLAWLESS. And also, there was a issue at first with the blueant not answering calls due to a issue with HTC phones. That issue has been fixed with the latest firmware update.

JUST GO BUY ONE....NEWEGG HAS THEM ON SALE FOR $72
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Indie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIndie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIndie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIndie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Let me be the First to say Touch Pro + Blueant V1 = "THE ABSOLUTE BEST"

My Samsung WEP is the greatest and works flawless :P
Old 02-02-2009, 10:45 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

told you the blue ant V1 is a good bt headset

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 02-02-2009, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jptouch is a n00b

My Motorola H15 is by far the best I've tried!
Old 02-02-2009, 11:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Phreddo is becoming a great contributor

blueant is the best headset i've been able to put my hands on
the only catch is that i find myself trying to talk over background noise, and that actually makes it worse than talking at a regular level. very counterintuitive to me.
i wish i knew what i sounded like on the other end
Old 02-02-2009, 11:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jkobe is a n00b

Absolutely could not agree with you more on the Blueant V1!! Imagine greasy dirty hands working on your car and your phone rings.....all you have to do is say "Answer" or "Ignore" after the V1 tells you the number that is calling you. You don't need to look at your phone or touch anything. Mine also worked perfectly out of the box with the stock TP.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

datawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuff

You nailed it. I lost my Jawbone II and replaced it with a Blueant V1. Couldn't be happier. Actually, I will be happier when my Touch Pro comes in to replace my POS Mogul.

-Doc

Sprint Touch Pro
MightyROM 4.16
Old 02-03-2009, 02:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Does the V1 headset turn off when you plug it into the charger? I had the original Blueant for a while, and couldn't stand that "feature". How could they expect someone to have time to unplug it from the charger, turn it on and wait for it to power up, and still have time to answer the call before it went to voice mail? Every other headset I've had stayed powered up while charging.

The other problem I had was that I couldn't get used to the buttons working the way they did. Again, all the other headsets I've had used a short press to answer or hang up and a long press to activate MSVC. The Blueant was the opposite.

Have either or both of these issues been addressed with the V1?
Old 02-03-2009, 07:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch

domotang is just getting started

I just did the same upgrade from the JawBone to the BlueAnt V1 and agree the V1 is far more of an enjoyment to use. However; the Jawbone has a much better noise cancellation than the BluAnt (and yes... I had the cancellation set to max). I drive a Z3 roadster that makes lots of noise. Still, I much prefer the BlueAnt.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:26 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Me and the wife have jawbone IIs and love em. If you can get the fit right (first poster is dead on) they are great. If not, you will hate them.

Some days I forget I am wearing mine - at least until I get an email and it starts getting read to me. Still freaks me out a little

Per post #8, I think the jawbones turn off when you plug em in to charge too. Actually I don't know of any that doesn't.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro